This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 8:22 p.m. Thursday, a 42-year-old woman reported a 31-year-old man violated a domestic violence protective order. Investigation continues.
Driving without a valid license
• At 11:10 p.m. Thursday, a 15-year-old boy was cited for driving without a valid license on Trout Street, and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• At 4:13 p.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department conducted a confidential investigation into a report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 1:15 a.m. Friday, JPD responded to a report of driving while intoxicated in the 2200 block of Glacier Highway, which was determined to be unfounded. The vehicle was impounded for safekeeping.
Fire and medical
• At 7:45 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Douglas Highway, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 9:21 a.m. Thursday, Capital City Fire/Rescue provided transport for a female patient and crew from Juneau International Airport to BRH.
• At 9:33 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Salmon Creek Lane, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 12:41 p.m. Thursday, CCFR provided transport for a male patient and crew from JIA to BRH.
• At 12:55 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Thunder Mountain Road, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 3:13 p.m. Thursday, CCFR provided transport for a female patient and crew from BRH to JIA.
• At 4:49 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Long Run Drive, and a woman declined EMS care and transport.
• At 7:48 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to a burn complaint on Nugget Drive and ordered the fire extinguished due to a burn ban. The owner complied.
• At 8:16 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Long Run Drive, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 11:20 p.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was given to a man on James Boulevard, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 11:20 p.m. Thursday, JPD destroyed drug paraphernalia.
• At 7:53 a.m. Friday, JPD investigated a death. No location given. Alcohol was involved.
• At 6:32 p.m. and 6:35 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of a runaway 16-year-old boy who was later located in the Juneau area.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 7:25 p.m. Thursday, a 58-year-old woman reported a 58-year-old man was struck by a vehicle, which left the area, in the 100 block of Franklin Street. No injuries were reported. Investigation continues. Unknown if alcohol was involved.
• At 10:31 p.m. Friday, JPD responded to a two-vehicle motor vehicle crash in the 2200 block of Trout Street. The first vehicle was a 2002 Ford driven by a 34-year-old woman, and the second vehicle was a 1998 Mazda driven by a 20-year-old woman. Only minor damage was reported, and the 34-year-old woman was cited for failure to maintain a safe distance. No alcohol involved.
• At 9:47 a.m. Friday, JPD investigated a reported sexual abuse of a minor.
• At 8:33 a.m. Friday, a 53-year-old woman reported her purse, CDs and $40 in cash were stolen from her unlocked vehicle in the 1100 block of Second Street.
• At 10:20 a.m. Thursday, Terry Ross, 35, of Juneau, was arrested by Alaska State Troopers in Juneau on a bench warrant for a petition to revoke probation. Ross was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center on an unrelated charge when he was contacted by Troopers.