This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Driving without a license
• At 10:13 a.m. Wednesday, William Vernon Jim, 25, was arrested for driving without a license in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway. Jim was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center, and his vehicle was impounded. Alcohol was not involved.
• At 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department conducted a confidential investigation into a report of drug activity in the 5100 block of Glacier Highway.
Fire and medical
• At 12:38 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Amalga Street, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 9:31 a.m. Tuesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue conducted a welfare check for a woman on Glacier Highway. Returned to service.
• At 11:58 a.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Franklin Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 12:16 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Rainbow Row, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 12:21 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a general fire alarm on Willoughby Avenue, and no smoke or fire was present. Malicious activation. Returned to service.
• At 2:42 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR assisted an invalid on C Street.
• At 2:57 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Glacier Highway, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 7:27 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on 12th Street, and she was taken to BRH.
Misconduct with a BB gun
• At 8:45 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated misconduct with a BB gun in the 5900 block of Churchill Way.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 1:01 p.m. Tuesday, a 19-year-old man was cited for negligent driving in the 2800 block of Riverside Drive. Alcohol was not involved.
• At 6:11 p.m. Tuesday, a 21-year-old woman reported being hit by a vehicle driven by another 21-year-old woman in the 3600 block of Glacier Highway. Alcohol was not involved.
• At 8:21 a.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a report of unlawful sexual contact.
• At 7:52 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of suspicious behavior in the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road. Information only.
• At 3:48 p.m. Tuesday, Thomas Michael Schauwecker, 41, and Corena Lea Willard, 34, were cited and released for larceny in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.