This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Editor’s note: It is the Empire’s policy to provide an update in this space if someone listed here as arrested or cited is found not guilty, charges are dismissed or never filed, or if a conviction is reversed on appeal or expunged.
Commercial Fish Closed Period - Sentencing
Aaron C. Place, 39, of Juneau pled guilty Dec. 6 to one count of operating a commercial gillnet during a closed period in district 11B south of Juneau. Place was fined $6,000 with $3000 suspended and placed on probation for two years. Place was also ordered to forfeit just over $1,150 worth of illegally taken fish.
• At 1:20 p.m. Sunday police responded to an altercation between a 52-year-old man and a 40-year-old woman in the Juneau area. Alcohol was not a factor.
• On Monday morning investigation continues into a report of evidence tampering on the 200 block of Franklin Street.
• A runaway was reported on the 10800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road as 12:37 p.m. Sunday. No further details were available.
• A 16-year-old girl was reported as a runaway at 3:27 p.m. Sunday in the Juneau area.
• At 2:23 p.m. Sunday police received a report of a runaway 16-year-old female in the Juneau Area.
• Monday at 11:21 a.m. police received a report of a runaway 16-year-old male.
Sun day at 2:35 p.m. a 40-year-old man reported the theft of a black and yellow snow machine on the 2100 block of Crow Hill Road.
• At 9:07 a.m. Monday on the 9400 block of Glacier Highway a man reported his vehicle was rifled and a watch worth $10 was stolen.