This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Warning from JPD: Discarded ‘one pot’ meth bottles
Since Dec. 13, there have been two reports concerning one-pot methamphetamine labs being located in Juneau. The latest incident occurred on Dec. 20th when a Juneau Community Services officer located six discarded one-pot bottles off of Allen Court.
The one-pot methamphetamine cook method involves the manufacturing of methamphetamine inside a plastic bottle. One to two liter plastic soda bottles are typically used, but using any size bottle is possible. The one-pot method is considered highly dangerous as hazardous chemicals inside the bottle can easily ignite. The bottles also present a danger of rupturing and spraying chemicals on anyone near the bottle. Citizens are urged to not touch or disturb any suspicious bottles and to notify the police immediately.
• At 3:38 p.m. Thursday in Juneau a 55-year-old woman was arrested for violating conditions of release. She was transported to and lodged at LCCC. Alcohol and domestic violence were factors.
• On Thursday at 3:31 p.m. in the Juenau area police began an investigation into a report of abuse.
• Thursday at 6:53 p.m. on the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road a 16-year-old female reported being harassed by and unknown male.
• A 28-year-old man was arrested Friday for domestic violence assault and lodged at LCCC.
Driving while intoxicated
• Friday at 1:17 a.m. on the 100 Block of Seward Street, 37-year-old Carl Marvin III Was arrested for driving while intoxicated and lodged at LCCC. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
Driving without a valid license
• On Thursday at 4:02 p.m. on the 8100 block of Glacier Highway Yvonne Marie Dennis, 44, was cited for driving without a valid license and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
• A 62-year-old woman reported harassment via text messages Friday at 9:5 a.m.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 10:54 a.m. Friday on the 400 Block of Willoughby Avenue a 54-year-old male reported his parked Ford F150 truck was struck by an unknown vehicle, causing approximately $3,000 damage to the driver’s side.
• Friday at 1:52 a.m. on the 2200 block of Great Western Street 22-year-old Wilbur Anthony Lindoff was arrested for criminal mischief and an outstanding $1,500 Alaska State Troopers warrant. Lindoff was lodged at LCCC. Alcohol was a factor.