The Juneau Chamber of Commerce, the Juneau Yacht Club, the Juneau Radio Center and CBJ Docks and Harbors on Monday announced the winners of the 2012 Christmas Boat Lighting contest, which was judged last weekend.
More than 25 recreational vessels and commercial vessels participated in the second annual event in the Juneau area harbors (Aurora, Harris, Douglas, Statter and Fisherman’s Bend).
M/V LADY IRENE repeats in the recreational vessel category, all others are first time vessel winners.
Port Director Carl Uchytil said in a press release that figure represents a 20 percent increase over the number of vessels participating in 2011.
And the winners, along with their harbor and prize winnings, are:
• First Prize F/V Osprey/Donald Kalk/Aurora $200 + $100 gift card from Western Auto Marine
• Second Prize F/V Steller/Dan Foley/Harris $175
• Third Prize M/V Whale Song/Rusty Owen/Auke Bay $125
• First Prize M/V Lady Irene/Dan Gowdy/Aurora $200 + $100 gift basket from Pinkie’s Fish Market
• Second Prize M/V Strike Two/David Miller/Aurora $175
• Third Prize M/V Razzmatazz/Edwin Rassmussen/Harris $125
The organizers thanked harbor patrons who took the time to participate and the Chamber of Commerce and Docks & Harbors judges who took time out of their schedule to judge the contest. “We hope to build upon a successful event and make this a bigger and better Juneau holiday tradition in the future. The committee is especially thankful to the Juneau Radio Center for providing this year’s cash prizes, and to Western Auto Marine, Pinkies Fish Market and AELP for their generous support,” Uchytil stated.