This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 5:28 p.m. Friday, the Juneau Police Department investigated a reported of a burglary in the 4400 block of Kanat-A Street.
• At 12:54 p.m. Thursday, a homeowner in Gustavus reported he found pry marks on the door jam on the rear door to his residence. The damaged occurred within the last week, and there are no suspects. If anyone has information, contact the Alaska State Troopers in Juneau at 465-4000.
• At 12:45 a.m. Friday, a 24-year-old man reported he was assaulted by a 24-year-old woman. Investigation continues.
• At 2:14 p.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of drug use in the 9000 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 12:56 a.m. Friday, Paul Andrew Canik, 26, was arrested for driving while intoxicated during a traffic stop on Vanderbilt Hill Road. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center, and his vehicle was impounded.
Fire and medical
• At 1:51 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Cinema Drive, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 3:17 a.m. Thursday, Capital City Fire/Rescue was dispatched to Glacier Highway and cancelled en route.
• At 6:55 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Meadow Lane, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 9 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Mendenhall Peninsula Road, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 9:41 a.m. Thursday, CCFR provided transport for a female patient and medevac crew from Juneau International Airport to BRH.
• At 10:49 a.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to a burn complaint on Glacier Highway, and owner did not have a valid burn permit and agreed to extinguish fire.
• At 12:02 p.m. Thursday, CCFR provided transport for a male patient and U.S. Coast Guard flight surgeon from JIA to BRH.
• At 12:05 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Riverside Drive, and alarm sounded due to burnt food. System reset and units returned to service.
• At 1:56 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Willoughby Avenue, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 8:59 p.m. Thursday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm at a retail store on Glacier Highway. No smoke or fire found. System malfunction, and CCFR suggested repair. Returned to service.
• At 12:52 a.m. Saturday, a 17-year-old boy was cited and released for minor consuming on Fish Creek Road.
• At 1:29 a.m. Saturday, a 16-year-old boy and Paul W.O. Lee, 20, were cited and released for minor consuming in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 2:47 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a damage-only motor vehicle crash on Main Street.
• At 2:47 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated false information provided to law enforcement regarding a motor vehicle crash on Main Street.
• At 12:24 p.m. Friday, LCCC reported finding two items containing an unknown leafy substance in an inmate’s property at the jail. Case is under investigation.
• At 1:14 p.m. Friday, JPD investigated a possible suicidal subject. Alcohol was involved. Location not given.
• At 2:11 a.m. Friday, JPD received a report of someone rifling through a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado on Lund Street. Nothing was taken.
• At 3:29 p.m. Thursday, a 31-year-old woman reported miscellaneous personal belongings stolen from inside a residence in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive.
• At 3:40 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated concealment of merchandise in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 3:56 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a theft of $20 in cash in the 400 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 11:58 a.m. Friday, a 37-year-old man reported a theft from a business in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive. Investigation continues.
• At 12:56 p.m. Friday, a 47-year-old woman reported the theft of a blue bag containing $700 to $1,000 worth of medical gear from her vehicle in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 1:24 p.m. Friday, JPD investigated a report of theft in the 5600 block of Montana Creek Road.
• At 4:30 p.m. Friday, a 52-year-old man reported a theft in the 900 block of Third Street.
• At 4:48 p.m. Friday, a 22-year-old man reported the theft of an iPhone in the 100 block of Main Street.
• At 6:05 p.m. Friday, a 17-year-old boy was arrested for vehicle theft, second-degree theft and driving without a license in the 100 block of Main Street.
• At 7:21 p.m. Friday, JPD investigated a report of a 14-year-old shoplifter in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 2:13 a.m. Saturday, JPD investigated a theft of an iPhone in the Juneau area.
• At 10:37 a.m. Saturday, a 23-year-old man reported his red 2005 Toyota Corolla was stolen on Marine Way. Investigation continues.
• At 12:23 p.m. Friday, JPD investigated a possible trespass in the 8600 block of Airport Boulevard.