This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 1:03 p.m. Friday, the Juneau Police Department investigated a report of an assault in the 8500 block of Jennifer Drive.
• At 8:03 a.m. Friday, JPD received a report of a stolen vehicle that was later located. A wallet and speaker were stolen from the vehicle. Investigation continues.
• At 3:42 p.m. Friday, JPD assisted another agency in remanding a 33-year-old woman in the 5500 block of Aisek Street.
• At 6:15 a.m. Friday, JPD investigated a report of a burglary on Camden Place.
• At 6:57 p.m. Friday, JPD investigated a report of a burglary in the 8700 block of Trinity Drive.
• At 7:57 a.m. Saturday, a 55-year-old reported theft of money from a cash register and merchandise from inside a business in the 3200 block of Hospital Drive.
• At 9:51 p.m. Thursday, Dwayne Clements, 43, was arrested on Kevin Court for violating conditions of release and on an outstanding $500 JPD warrant for failure to appear on the original charge of larceny. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 11:05 a.m. Friday, Mark Albert Brown, 46, was cited and released for criminal trespass in the 200 block of Front Street.
• At 11:05 a.m. Friday, JPD investigated a death. Details have not been released as next of kin has not yet been notified.
Driving without a valid license
• At 12:36 a.m. Friday, Cassandra Anne Fidler, 19, was cited and released for driving without a license in the 2200 block of Trout Street. Her vehicle was impounded.
• At 1:47 a.m. Saturday, Aaron Scott Vertido, 28, was cited for driving without a valid license in the 900 block of Egan Drive. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 5:02 p.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 3:05 a.m. Saturday, Steven Layton, 29, was arrested for driving while intoxicated and refusal on Marine Way. He was taken to LCCC, and his vehicle was impounded.
Fire and medical
• At 10:49 a.m. Thursday, Capital City Fire/Rescue was dispatched to Jo Ann Way for a burn complaint. Due to specific circumstances, owner was allowed to continue burning. Fire Marshal’s Office will determine fines or other action.
• At 11:44 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Front Street, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 4:34 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Amalga Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 4:36 p.m. Thursday, CCFR was dispatched to Valley Boulevard for a chimney fire. Smoke found and insulated pipes were very hot, but no fire found except in fire box, which was put out. Owner was advised to clean piping and seek repairs. Units returned to service.
• At 9:56 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Mendenhall Loop Road, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 10:28 p.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Douglas Highway, and he was taken to BRH.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 10:28 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a motor vehicle crash in the 9000 block of Douglas Highway.
• At 9:45 a.m. Saturday, a 1996 Ford Explorer was involved in a damage-only, single vehicle crash in the 7100 block of Egan Drive. The vehicle was impounded for safekeeping.
• At 1:27 p.m. Thursday, a 22-year-old woman reported a stolen wallet in the Juneau area.
• At 2:33 p.m. Thursday, a 47-year-old woman reported the theft of an iPod Touch valued at $250 in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue.
• At 3:09 p.m. Thursday, a 16-year-old boy reported the theft of a laptop in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue. Investigation continues.
• At 6:43 p.m. Thursday, a 14-year-old boy reported the theft of Apple headphones valued at $200 in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue.
• At 7:56 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of a $14 bottle of liquor stolen from a business in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard.
• At 11:54 a.m. Friday, Rachelle Marie Carson, 28, was cited and released for larceny in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 3:10 p.m. Friday, JPD received a report of a stolen vehicle that was found to be misplaced in the 700 block of Ninth Street.
• At 4:!1 p.m. Friday, JPD investigated a report of theft from a business in the 3200 block of Hospital Drive.
• At 12:10 a.m. Saturday, JPD investigated a report of theft of services in the 2200 block of Trout Street.
• At 11:24 a.m. Saturday, JPD investigated a report of theft in the 200 block of Front Street.
• At 3:07 a.m. Saturday, William Jeffery Jones, 26, was arrested on Sitka Street on a $250 Juneau Alaska State Troopers warrant for failure to appear for a ‘change of plea’ hearing on the original charge of failure to appear on a misdemeanor charge. He was also cited for driving while license revoked. His vehicle was impounded, and he was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.