This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 7 p.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department investigated the unattended death of an 84-year-old man in the 2500 block of Sunset Drive.
Fire and medical
• At 12:42 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue was dispatched to the Juneau International Airport for a fire alarm. No smoke or fire found. Alarm sounded due to sprinkler malfunction. Returned to service.
• At 12:51 a.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Threadneedle Street, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 2:46 a.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Gail Avenue, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 8:05 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a public service call on La Perouse Avenue.
• At 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched for a single-zone fire alarm in an apartment building on Willoughby Avenue. Smoke was due to burnt food. Returned to service.
• At 8:55 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a medical alert alarm on Pinewood Drive, and the patient was fine with no medical problem. System malfunction.
• At 12:36 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Glacier Highway, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on McGinnis Drive, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 4:20 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Heron Way for a fire alarm. Smoke was found but the fire was contained in wood stove. Smoke was due to build-up inside the stove pipe and paint burning off. Owner was advised to clean stove pipe. Returned to service.
• At 7 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Sunset Drive for a man possibly dead on arrival. Confirmed patient was deceased. JPD left in charge of scene.
• At 1:17 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a report of something suspicious in the 200 block of Marine Way, and a found cell phone was placed into safe keeping.
• At 8:04 a.m. Thursday, a 48-year-old woman reported the theft of a backpack and its contents in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue. Investigation continues.