This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Editor’s note: It is the Empire’s policy to provide an update in this space if someone listed here as arrested or cited is found not guilty, charges are dismissed or never filed, or if a conviction is reversed on appeal or expunged. If possible, the Empire will also remove the original report from its electronic archives. The Empire has no control over third parties that obtain the information.
• At 4:23 a.m. Tuesday, Lena Karen, 51, was cited and released for criminal trespass in the 100 block of Seward Street. Alcohol was involved.
Driving while license suspended
• At 8:09 p.m. Tuesday, Kristopher Len Hepler, 25, was cited and released for driving while license was suspended in the 900 block of 10th Street. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• At 12:44 a.m. Tuesday, Chelsie Young, 21, was cited for driving without a valid license in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
Fire and medical
• At 8:40 a.m. Tuesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue provided transport for an infant and crew from Bartlett Regional Hospital to Juneau International Airport for a medevac flight.
• At 8:55 a.m. Tuesday, CCFR provided transport for a female patient and crew from BRH to JIA for medevac.
• At 10:55 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Douglas Highway, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 5:17 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR was dispatched to Harris Street for a single-zone fire alarm. No smoke or fire found. Alarm was accidentally triggered by maintenance work. Units returned to service.
• At 5:22 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on La Perouse Avenue, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Third Street, and she was taken to BRH.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 8:32 a.m. Wednesday, a 36-year-old man reported his rental vehicle, a 2012 Ford Focus, was struck while parked in the 1200 block of Ninth Street, resulting in $750 worth of damage to the vehicle.
• At 4:06 p.m. Tuesday, Corwin Allen Vavalis, 24, was arrested for larceny and criminal trespass and was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 11:58 p.m. Tuesday, Felicia Evenson, 23, was cited and released for the theft of merchandise in the 100 block of Franklin Street.