This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 5:31 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department investigated an alleged assault in the 1600 block of Glacier Avenue.
• At 12:52 a.m. Wednesday, JPD assisted another agency in the 3400 block of Foster Avenue. Alcohol was involved.
• At 10:05 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a disturbance in the 200 block of Third Street. A backpack was placed into safekeeping.
• At 6:20 p.m. Tuesday, a 45-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence assault, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
Driving without a valid license
• At 2:20 p.m. Tuesday, Michael Friedrichs, 23, was cited and released for driving without a valid license in the 3000 block of Douglas Highway. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
Fire and medical
• At 5:48 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Glacier Highway, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 9:42 a.m. Tuesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue provided transport for a female patient and crew from BRH to Juneau International Airport for medevac.
• At 10:55 a.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Glacier Highway, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 1:46 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Douglas Highway, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 2:43 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Mendenhall Mall Road, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 5:46 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR was dispatched to Fifth Street for an automatic fire alarm. Alarm sounded due to burnt food. Returned to service.
• At 6:20 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR assisted JPD on Amalga Street for possible EMS. Basic life support care was given to a person who was transported to BRH by JPD.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 12:18 p.m. Tuesday, a 65-year-old man reported his vehicle was struck in the 13400 block of Glacier Highway, resulting in $3,600 worth of damages. Investigation continues.
• At 8:45 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report that a 54-year-old woman driving a 2005 Subaru Forester struck a 2011 Honda Pilot driven by a 40-year-old man in the 9600 block of Glacier Highway. No injuries reported. The Forester sustained $2,000 in damage, and the Pilot sustained about $6,000 worth of damage.
• At 2:54 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated the report of stolen property in the 3600 block of Amalga Street.
• At 6:17 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of a theft in the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive.