This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Big game tag violations
• On Tuesday, Manuel Aceveda, 65, of Kake, pleaded guilty to one count of taking game without proper license and tags. He was fined $500 with $200 suspended, ordered to pay $1,000 in restitution to the state, lost hunting privileges for one year and placed probation for one year. The plea is the result of a Klawock Alaska Wildlife Trooper Investigation, which showed Aceveda received a registration moose permit when he was ineligible, and then harvested a moose and possessed it illegally.
Big game transporter
• On Tuesday, John Welsh, 62, of Sitka, was convicted in Kake District Court on two counts of failure to complete big game transporter activity reports. Welsh was sentenced to pay a total of $2,000 in fines with $1,000 suspended and placed on probation for one year. The judgment was the result of a 2011 Alaska Wildlife Trooper investigation which showed Welsh, a big game transporter, negligently failed to fill out the required big game transporter forms in the appropriate manner.
• At 11:50 p.m. Tuesday, Falefiaoalii Laasia, 29, was cited and released for criminal trespass in the 200 block of Front Street. Alcohol was involved.
• At 1:21 p.m. Tuesday, a 28-year-old woman reported someone entered her home and stole her Samsung television in the 8500 block of Jennifer Drive.
• At 11:17 a.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a report of domestic violence.
Driving without a license
• At 12:10 p.m. Tuesday, Tyson Kenneth Brooks, 44, was cited and released for driving without a license on Shattuck Way. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
Fire and medical
• At 11:45 a.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Aisek Street, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 12:45 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Riverside Drive, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 3:58 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Foster Avenue, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 4:52 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a child on Glacier Highway, and he or she was taken to BRH.
• At 3:48 a.m. Wednesday, Vivian Jesse Wright, 19, was cited for minor consuming in the 3300 block of Riverside Drive.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 4:07 p.m. Tuesday, a 2012 Subaru was struck by another vehicle that left the area in the 200 block of Fourth Street. Investigation continues.
• At 8:31 a.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a report of possible stalking in the 8700 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 2:13 p.m. Tuesday, Linda Smith, 44, was cited and released for larceny in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 9:10 a.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated the theft of a cell phone and an iPod in the 9000 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 1:13 p.m. Tuesday, Joseph John Finn, 29, was arrested on a $5,000 Juneau Alaska State Trooper warrant in the 5300 block of Commercial Boulevard for failure to comply with conditions of probation on the original charge of drug misconduct in the second and third degree.