This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 12:45 p.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department investigated a report of assault. No location given.
• At 3:29 p.m. Monday, JPD investigated the death of a 19-year-old man in the 8800 block of Cedar Court. The manner is death is not considered suspicious. Next of kin has been notified. Investigation continues.
• At 4:03 p.m. Monday, a 19-year-old woman reported being assaulted by a 19-year-old man. Investigation continues.
Driving without a license
• At 9:05 p.m. Monday, Breanna Marie Rowan, 25, was cited and released for driving without a license in the 7100 block of Egan Drive, and her vehicle was impounded.
• At 12:44 a.m. Tuesday, Richard Scott Carle, 44, was cited and released for driving without a valid license on Concrete Way, and his vehicle was impounded.
• At 8:33 a.m. Tuesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
False statement/traffic violation
• At 12:08 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28, Daniel Martinez of Juneau was contacted by Alaska Wildlife Troopers during a traffic stop and cited for operating a vehicle with expired registration. During the traffic stop, it was also discovered he had made a false statement on his 2012 application for a resident class 5A low-income fishing and hunting license by claiming residency when he was not eligible to do so. He was issued a total of $410 worth of citations, troopers said.
Fire and medical
• At 3:13 a.m. Monday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Ninth Street, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 9:23 a.m. Monday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Raven Road, an she was taken to BRH.
• At 9:39 a.m. Monday, Capital City Fire/Rescue provided transport for a female patient and crew from BRH to Juneau International Airport.
• At 12:19 p.m. Monday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Glacier Highway, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 12:45 p.m. Monday, basic life support care was given to a man on Glacier Avenue, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 1:30 p.m. Monday, CCFR was dispatched to a trailer fire on Aisek Street, and the fire was extinguished. Fire Marshal is investigating. JPD assisted at the scene.
• At 1:49 p.m. Monday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Ninth Street, and no transport was requested.
• At 2:54 p.m. Monday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Julep Street, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 3:29 p.m. Monday, CCFR assisted JPD on Cedar Court.
• At 4:07 p.m. Monday, CCFR was dispatched to Third Street for a single zone fire alarm. Alarm sounded due to burn item on stove. No fire. CCFR vented the smoke and returned to service.
• At 8:18 p.m. Monday, CCFR provided transport for an infant and medevac crew from BRH to JIA.
• At 10:35 a.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of fraudulent activity in the Juneau area.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 7:37 a.m. Tuesday, Jamie Lyn Vonda, 19, was cited for failing to yield while turning left, driving without a valid license and no insurance after the 1986 Dodge truck she was driving struck a 2006 Honda Pilot driven by a 43-year-old woman in the 1000 block of Glacier Avenue. The Dodge was impounded.
• At about 4:30 p.m. Sunday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau were notified of a lost and disoriented hiker in the area of the East Glacier Trail. Troopers were able to contact the 47-year-old woman and determine she was somewhere near the intersection of the East Glacier Trail and the Nugget Creek Trail. Two members of the SEADOGS search and rescue team with one search dog and Wildlife Troopers departed the Mendenhall Glacier Visitors Center at about 6 p.m. and located her at about 7:30 p.m. on the banks of Nugget Creek. The woman, a Juneau resident, was in good condition other than being cold and slightly wet. She was escorted back to the visitors center.
• At 2:51 p.m. Monday, JPD investigated the report of a theft in the 2000 block of Lemon Creek Road.
• At 7:35 a.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of an unlocked vehicle being entered and items possibly missing in the 2100 block of Glacier Highway.