Police & Fire
This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• Sunday at 6:58 on the 2200 Block of Trout Street investigation continues into a reported assault.
Burglary, Theft, Criminal Mischief
• The Alaska State Troopers received a report of a burglary at a recreational cabin on Horse Island near Juneau which occurred between September 2012 and March 1st. The cabin received an estimated $130.00 in damages and a revolver valued at $500.00 is missing. The investigation is continuing.
Drunk on a licenses premises
• Sunday at 7:42 p.m. p.m. on the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road, 45 year old David Dale Sanden was cited and released for being drunk on a licensed premises.
Fire and medical
• Sunday at 12:02 a.m. on Hospital Drive Capital City Fire/Rescue provided transport for a male patient from Hospital Drive back to his residence.
•Sunday at an undisclosed location at 7:39 a.m. CCF/R provided traffic control at the scene of a non-injury accident until police arrived.
• Sunday at 10:39 a.m. on Mendenhall Loop Road CCF/R provided basic life support care and transported a woman to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• Sunday at 1 p.m. on Wee Burn Drive crews responded to a carbon monoxide incident. Carbon monoxide was found in a bedroom. Crews vented the area. The owner was advised not to operate a kerosene stove until it is repaired. Crews returned to service.
• Sunday at 4:34 p.m. crews responded to a carbon monoxide alarm on Steelhead Street. The carbon monoxide alarm sounded due to automobile exhaust. Crews returned to service.
• Sunday at 7:01 p.m. CCF/R provided transport for a male patient and crew from BRH to JIA for medevac.
• Sunday at 9:47 p.m. CCF/R provided transport for a female patient and crew from BRH to JIA for medevac.
• Monday at 11:45 a.m. on the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive investigation continues into a report of check fraud.
• Sunday at 1:59 p.m. on the 10800 block of Black Bear Road there was a report of a runaway 16 year old male.
Motor vehicle crash
• Sunday at 4:28 p.m. on the 4400 Block of Glacier Spur Road, 23-year-old Hans William Elliot Petaja was cited for driving while license revoked, and the 2005 Toyota he was driving was impounded.
• •Sunday at 10:59 a.m. police assisted in a medical call in Juneau involving a suicidal person. Alcohol was a factor.
• Sunday at 1:44 p.m. on the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue a 28-year-old woman reported a theft of merchandise from a business.