This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 12:57 a.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department assisted a citizen with medical assistance. Alcohol was involved.
• At 4:52 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a death investigation. Details are being withheld by police since next of kin has not been notified.
• At 10:05 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to the 9100 block of Pinewood Drive for a disturbance. Case created for lab work.
• At 2:17 p.m. Wednesday, a 26-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence assault, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was involved.
Driving without a license
• At 1:19 a.m. Thursday, Jordan Andrew Bales, 20, was cited and released for driving without a valid license in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive, and his vehicle was impounded. Additionally, a 17-year-old girl was cited and released for minor consuming.
• At 2:48 p.m. Wednesday, Falefiaoalii Laasia, 29, was cited and released for drug misconduct in the sixth degree in the 100 block of Main Street.
• At 2:07 a.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a traffic stop in the 6300 block of Glacier Highway and investigated drug misconduct. Alcohol was involved.
Fire and medical
• At 5:41 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue was dispatched to Third Street for a fire alarm, and no smoke or fire was found. Someone activated a pull station. Returned to service.
• At 8:29 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Hospital Drive for a fire alarm, and no smoke or fire was found. CCFR determined that the alarm was not for a fire, but a security alarm. JPD arrived and CCFR returned to service.
• At 10:37 a.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Fish Creek Road, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 12:37 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Glacier Avenue for a CPR in progress. Advanced life support care was given to a man, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Douglas Highway for a burn complaint. The unattended burn was determined to be unathorized, and the fire was extinguished and reported to the fire marshal.
• At 2:40 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR provided a public service on Riverside Drive.
• At 2:41 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR provided transport for a male patient and medevac crew from BRH to Juneau International Airport.
• At 4:36 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Glacier Highway for a possible EMS call. No EMS requested by female patient. She said she would seek medical attention. Returned to service.
• At 4:52 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Salmon Creek Lane, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 4:52 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Crow Hill Drive for a CPR in progress. Female patient deceased upon arrival. Left her in the care of JPD.
• At 8:48 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a child on Amalga Street, and no transport was requested.
• At 4:36 p.m. Wednesday, Jennifer Ann Doig, 26, was cited and released for shoplifting in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.