This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• Sunday at 2 51 a.m. on the 200 Block of Front Street, 31-year-old Michelle Lekanoff was arrested for assault and was transported to LCCC.
• On Saturday at 9:35 a.m. 2800 block of Peters Lane police began an investigation into the death of a 68 year old female. next of kin has been notified and the investigation continues.
• Saturday at 2:14 p.m. investigation continued into a report of credit card theft.
• Sunday at 2:23 a.m. on the 200 block of Front Street investigation continues into a report of harassment. Alcohol was a factor, police say.
Motor vehicle crash
• Saturday at 1:51 p.m. on the 5200 block of Commercial Boulevard a 60-year-old female reported a hit and run motor vehicle incident involving her parked Mazda SUV and an unknown vehicle.
Motor vehicle crash/DWI
• On the 16000 Block of Glacier Highway Sunday at 3:35 a.m. an 18-year-old male, Drake Conrad Cole, was arrested for DWI. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 7:49 p.m. on the 200 Block of Franklin Street a 50-year-old male reported lost property on S. Franklin Street. Alcohol was a factor.
• Sunday at 9:58 a.m. on the 8800 Block of Gail Avenue a 56-year-old man reported someone rifled his Plymouth Neon.
• Saturday at 6:25 p.m. on the 8000 Block of Glacier Highway a 25-year-old male, Roy Mark Williams, was cited and released for theft in the third degree.
Traffic stop, DWI, DWOL, False information, Warrant, Restrictions
• Sunday at 1:05 a.m. on the 3800 block of Douglas Highway42-year-old Edwin laity was arrested for driving while intoxicated, driving without a valid operator’s license, drove in violation of license restrictions, false information to a police officer and a $500 Sitka Police Department warrant for failure to appear for a change of plea hearing. He was transported to and lodged at LCCC.