• Overcast, light rain
  • 43°
    Overcast, light rain
  • Comment

CCFR responds to cooking fire at residence, no injuries or structural damage

Posted: March 31, 2013 - 12:08am

Capital City Fire/Rescue said they responded to a cooking fire in a kitchen at a Great Western Street apartment at 11 a.m. Thursday.

The fire was extinguished by the resident before firefighters arrived on scene, according to acting Captain Mark Fuette.

“The occupant was cooking, left the room, the food boiled over and caught fire,” Fuette said. “Occupant returned, extinguished with baking soda and by turning the stove off.”

Fuette said the resident was ventilating the area when firefighters arrived. CCFR ensured the fire was extinguished before returning to service.

The kitchen cabinets were blackened from the fire, but there was no structural damage, Fuette said.

  • Comment

Spotted

Please Note: You may have disabled JavaScript and/or CSS. Although this news content will be accessible, certain functionality is unavailable.

Skip to News

« back

next »

  • title http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377948/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377943/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377938/
  • title http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377933/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377928/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377923/
  • title http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377918/ http://spotted.juneauempire.com/galleries/377913/
Brandon Pilot Invitational Wrestling Tournament

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-3028
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING