This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Editor’s Note: Daily Incident Reports from Capital City Fire/Rescue were not available by press time.
• At 10:51 a.m. Friday, the Juneau Police Department assisted on Egan Drive, and a case was created for training purposes.
• At 12:52 p.m. Friday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of child abuse in the Juneau area.
• At 5:48 a.m. Friday, JPD investigated the death of a 48-year-old man in the 3800 block of Melrose Street. Death is not considered suspicious. Next of kin has been notified.
Driving without a license
• At 11:17 p.m. Thursday, James White, 33, was cited and released for driving without a license in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue, and his vehicle was impounded.
Driving without a valid license
• At 9:07 p.m. Friday, Byron Landon Pezzarossi, 25, was cited for driving without a valid license in the 1200 block of Harbor Way, and his vehicle was impounded.
• At 12:17 p.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the report of drug activity in Juneau.
• At 11:30 p.m. Friday, John Edward Baker, 44, was arrested for driving while intoxicated on Riverside Drive, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 11:43 p.m. Friday, a 17-year-old boy and girl were cited for minor consuming and released to a parent in the 1100 block of Calhoun Avenue.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 7:20 a.m. Friday, a 2002 Subaru Impreza driven by a 19-year-old man collided with a 2011 Dodge R250 driven by a 41-year-old man in the 16800 block of Glacier Highway. No injuries, and the Dodge was privately towed from the scene.
• At 8:14 a.m. Friday, a 2002 Jeep driven by a 49-year-old woman was involved in a single-vehicle rollover in the 17000 block of Glacier Highway. No injuries, and the vehicle was towed from the scene.
• At 12:20 p.m. Thursday, a 41-year-old man reported the theft of a matchbox collection valued at $5000 in the 9000 block of Long Run Drive.
• At 1:15 p.m. Thursday, a 15-year-old girl and a 17-year-old boy were arrested for third-degree theft in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway. The 17-year-old was additionally arrested on an outstanding warrant to apprehend and detain juvenile. Both were taken to Johnson Youth Center.
• At 4:35 p.m. Thursday, Helen Ann Mattson, 33, was cited and released for theft in the 8000 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 6:29 p.m. Thursday, Marcus Tylor Miller, 20, was cited and released for shoplifting in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 8:21 p.m. Thursday, a 19-year-old man reported his wallet stolen in the Juneau area.
• At 3:57 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a report of shoplifting in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive.
• At 11:46 a.m. Friday, a 59-year-old man reported the theft of masonry pallets valued at $3,000 on Concrete Way. Investigation continues.
• At 1:56 a.m. Saturday, Ian Ross Thrower, 28, was arrested for criminal trespass and criminal mischief in the 300 block of Third Street, and he was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 6:42 p.m. Thursday, a 20-year-old man reported $500 worth of vandalism to his 2007 Chevy Silverado in the 8500 block of Airport Boulevard. Investigation continues.
• At 11 a.m. Friday, JPD conducted a welfare check in the 900 block of Glacier Avenue.