This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 1:16 p.m. Saturday, Juneau Police Department continued an investigation into the report of a possible conditions violations in the 9100 block of Glacier Highway.
Fire and medical
• At 12:09 a.m. Saturday, CCFR responded to the 11000 block of Mendenhall Loop Road for a structure fire. Fire crews arrived to heavy smoke coming from a 300-square-foot cabin. The fire was extinguished in a few minutes, although the cabin sustained heavy fire damage estimated at $30,000. The building’s occupant was not inside at the time, but two dogs died in the fire.
Fish and game licenses
• Alaska Department of Fish and Game sent two notification letters to Jack Coogan Jr., 23, reminding him that permit holders must report per permit conditions. When ADF&G received no response the Alaska Wildlife Troopers were requested to contact Coogan for enforcement actions. On Saturday, Coogan was issued a $110.00 citation for failing to report on his Mendenhall Wetlands Waterfowl Permit.
• Alaska Department of Fish and Game sent two notification letters to Kevin Nye, 55, reminding him that permit holders must report per permit conditions. received no response the Alaska Wildlife Troopers were requested to contact Nye for enforcement actions. On Saturday, Nye was issued a $110.00 citation for failing to report on his Mendenhall Wetlands Waterfowl Permit.
• At 11:26 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a female who reported her firearm as missing.
Motor vehicle accident
• At 1:11 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a motor vehicle accident where injuries were reported at Thane Road, and a case was created. No alcohol was involved.
• At 11:54 a.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a motor vehicle accident in which a 51-year-old female struck a covered structure with her 2011 Nissan. Alcohol was not involved and no injuries were reported.
• At 12:20 a.m. Saturday on the 400 block of Third Street, JPD responded to a 25-year-old male who had $56 forcibly stolen from his person. Alcohol was involved and the investigation is ongoing.
• At 1:54 p.m. Saturday, JPD continued an investigation following a report of a theft from a vehicle in the 9100 block of Glacier Highway.
Editor’s note: It is the Empire’s policy to provide an update in this space if someone listed here as arrested or cited is found not guilty, charges are dismissed or never filed, or if a conviction is reversed on appeal or expunged. If possible, the Empire will also remove the original report from its electronic archives. The Empire has no control over third parties that obtain the information. If your name has appeared in this space, and you believe an update to be warranted, please provide documentation to support your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Documentation can also be mailed to Editor, c/o Juneau Empire, 3100 Channel Drive, Juneau, AK 99801.