The Boat Launch at Auke Lake is now open to the public after the installation of regulatory buoys. Parks and Recreation reminded boaters in a statement released late Wednesday that they are subject to the following restrictions.
• Motorized vessels are allowed from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. until May 31. Between June 1 and August 31, the hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Motorized use is prohibited between the lake shore and the buoy line.
• No wake is allowed near the Boat Launch, or between the buoy line and residential areas.
• Refueling of vessels is prohibited on the lake, in the Wayside, or within 50 feet of shore.
• Lake use is restricted to vessels 16 feet length overall or less.
All violations are punishable by up to $250 in fines.