This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 6:54 p.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department assisted another agency in the 5500 block of Aisek Street.
• At 3:16 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of child abuse in the 5000 block of Douglas Highway.
Driving without a valid license
• At 8:56 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a traffic stop in the 300 block of Whittier Street, and 21-year-old Alexander Michael Sweat was cited for driving without a valid license. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 1:36 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 1:08 a.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a fight in the 100 block of Franklin Street, and JPD assisted another agency. Alcohol was involved.
Fire and medical
• At 6:29 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue was dispatched to 12th Street for fire alarm activation. Alarm sounded due to cooking or burnt food, and no fire was found.
• At 7:58 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Rosedale Street for possible EMS. CCFR assisted another agency, and a patient was transported by another agency.
• At 8:54 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR extinguished an outside rubbish fire on Heron Way.
• At 9:05 a.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Mendenhall Peninsula Road, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 11:26 a.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Second Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 1:43 p.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man at Bartlett Cove, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 2:38 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to Riverside Drive for fire alarm. Alarm malfunctioned and no fire was found.
• At 3:23 p.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Salmon Creek Lane, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 5:32 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on 12th Street, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 5:44 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Hospital Drive to assist medevac crew with patient transport to Juneau International Airport. Medevac crew not ready, and no transport was conducted.
• At 9:35 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Hospital Drive for possible EMS.
• At 10:50 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Hospital Drive to transport a female patient back to a private residence.
• At 3:59 p.m. Wednesday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into the report of sexual abuse of a minor.
• At 3:01 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a reported theft in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard. Case created for information purposes.
• At 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, a 27-year-old man reported some items stolen from his vehicle in the 9000 block of Glacier Highway. Investigation continues.
• At 11:06 p.m. Wednesday, a 29-year-old man reported theft and vandalism at a campsite in the 2800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 12:25 a.m. Thursday, a 32-year-old woman reported vandalism to a taxi cab in the 200 block of Front Street.
• Alaska Wildlife Troopers said in a dispatch Thursday that on May 10, Troopers on board the PV Sentry issued Daniel M. Marsden, 35, of Metlakatla, a citation for operating a vessel during the Seymour Canal herring gillnet fishery without a current a valid vessel license. Marsden was given a $210 fine out of the Juneau District Court.