A grand jury handed up four indictments on Friday.
• Dylan J. Eason, 19, was indicted on one count of assault in the third degree for allegedly placing a woman in fear of imminent serious physical injury with a shovel on May 9. That’s a class ‘C’ felony that carries a maximum possible penalty of five years in prison. According to a police citation, the woman reported to police that Eason smashed out the driver’s side window of the locked vehicle she was sitting in and that she ducked to avoid injury.
• Ernest H. Fawcett Jr., 38, was indicted on two counts of sexual assault in the first degree, an unclassified felony, in connection to an alleged attack on May 11.
For more on that story, please see the May 15 Empire article titled “Security officer helped stop sex assault in progress” here: http://juneauempire.com/local/2013-05-15/security-officer-helped-stop-se....
• Damon Kay, 42, was indicted on one count of felony driving while under the influence in Juneau on May 11. That’s a class ‘C’ felony.
• Angela M. Brown, 30, was indicted on one count of theft in the second degree for allegedly stealing between $50 to $500 worth of items from Fred Meyer on May 13. That’s a class ‘C’ felony.
Indictments are formal accusations of illegal activity, and they are not indicative of guilt. Juneau’s District Attorney’s Office presents cases to the grand jury each Friday.
• Contact reporter Emily Russo Miller at 523-2263 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.