This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• Police responded to the 2200 block of Trout Street to a report of an altercation. Brian Hoxworth, 28, was later located and arrested for assault 3 and taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Police say alcohol was a factor.
• Juneau Police transported a man to Bartlett Regional Hospital for an unspecified evaluation following a disturbance on the 400 block of East Street.
• A 39-year-old man was arrested Sunday at 12:40 a.m. on the 100 block of Marine Way for domestic violence assault. He was taken to LCCC.
Driving without a valid license
• Terry Stansell, 31, was cited and released Saturday at 10:46 p.m. on Village Street for driving without a valid license. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
Fire & Medical
• No reports were available Sunday.
• Saturday at 1:02 p.m. a vehicle was impounded as a hazard on the 200 block of Marine Way.
• A 2002 Ford Escape was impounded for safekeeping Saturday at 6:58 p.m. on the 3200 block of Egan Drive.
• A 1996 Subaru Legacy was impounded for safekeeping from the 300 block of Willoughby Avenue Saturday at 9:01 p.m.
Motor vehicle crash/Damage only
• A 2003 Ford Explorer driven by a 20-year-old man was struck by a blue van which left the scene prior to exchanging information on the 6600 block of Glacier Highway.
• A vehicle was impounded for safekeeping on Sunday at 8:25 a.m. on the Auke Rec Bypass Road.
• Police observed a liquor violation at 2:57 a.m. Sunday on the 200 block of Front Street.
• A Chevy pickup was impounded as a traffic hazard Saturday at 5:05 p.m. on the 9000 block of Tournure Street.
Sport fish guide assist client in a violation/ Fail to complete logbook
On June 10, at approximately 6 p.m., The Alaska Wildlife Troopers, Juneau Post, Contacted Paul Turinsky, 44, of Kenai. Turinsky is owner/guide of Chum Fun Charters. Two of Turinsky’s clients were contacted without King Salmon stamps affixed to the back side of their licenses. Further investigation revealed Turinsky failed to have his saltwater guide logbook in his possession and completed. Turinsky was cited for assisting a client in a violation and failure to complete his logbook. A mandatory court appearance was scheduled for June 27 at 1:15pm in the Juneau District Court.
• Theft from a business was reported at 3:41 p.m.Saturday on the 8100 block of Glacier Highway.
• A 13-year-old female and a 14-year-old female were cited and released for theft from a business on the 6500 block of Glacier Highway Saturday at 6:14 p.m.
• A 44-year-old man reported a cell phone stolen worth $590 Saturday at 5:132 p.m. on the 3000 block of Riverside Drive.
• A 21-year-old man reported a stolen iPod Sunday at 8:32 p.m. on the 2800 block of Postal Way but declined to file charges.
• A 61-year-old man reported the theft of three fishing poles valued at $700 on the 19100 block of Randall Road Saturday at 11:06 p.m.
• An outhouse was reported vandalized Saturday at 1:34 p.m. on the 1500 block of Renninger Street.
• Vandalism was reported Saturday at 1:52 p.m. on Sunny Point Way.
• Vandalism was reported to a vehicle Saturday at 2:56 p.m. on the 8800 block of Mallard Street resulting in $500 damage to the vehicle.
• Three vehicle riflings were reported Sunday at 8:05 a.m. on the 8400 block of Thunder Mountain Road. There was no damage and nothing was taken.