This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 9:29 a.m. Tuesday, Alaska State Troopers and the Village Public Safety Officer in Kake responded to a report of an assault at a residence in Kake. Subsequently Richard Van Austin, 40, of Kake, was arrested for assaulting an adult female at the residence. Austin was taken to Juneau and remanded at Lemon Creek Correctional Center without bail.
• At 9:51 a.m. Tuesday, a 48-year-old man reported he was assaulted by a 53-year-old woman in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 7:14 p.m. Monday, the Juneau Police Department investigated a report of vandalism in the 9200 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 5:17 p.m. Monday, Jacob Levi Boon, 26, was cited and released for criminal trespass in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
Driving without a license
• At 4:19 p.m. Monday, Brian Haehnel, 40, was cited and released for driving without a license in the 3300 block of Douglas Highway, and his vehicle was impounded.
Failure to display vessel numbers
• On Tuesday, James C. Holcomb, 30, of Yakutat, was cited by Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau for operating a commercial gillnet vessel that was not properly displaying the Alaska Department of Fish and Game numbers on both sides of the vessel. Holcomb was issued a $200 citation.
Fire and medical
• At 11:34 a.m. Wednesday, June 12, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Stephen Richards Memorial Drive, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 12:55 p.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Northwood Drive, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 2:45 p.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue conducted a smoke or odor investigation on Always Avenue. No odor source located. Advised ventilation of area.
• At 2:28 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Glacier Highway and was cancelled en route.
• At 6:19 p.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Marine Way, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 7:11 p.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Shell Simmons Drive, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 8:07 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Franklin Street, and he was taken to BRH.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 10:13 a.m. Tuesday, a parked Subaru and a fence were struck by a white Dodge van driven by a 52-year-old man in the 6000 block of Glacier Spur Road. Minor injuries and damage.
Sport fish more than one line
• On Tuesday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau cited Leonard Johnson, 58, of Juneau, for sport fishing in Auke Bay with more than one rod. He was issued a $110 bailable citation and given 30 days to respond to Juneau District Court.
• At 3:27 p.m. Monday, Jauger William Tipps, 19, and Darrien Turner, 19, were cited and released for larceny in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 4:29 p.m. Monday, JPD investigated a report of a theft in the 12700 block of Douglas Highway.
• At 7:01 p.m. Monday, a 33-year-old man reported his wallet stolen in the 15100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 11:55 a.m. Tuesday, a 37-year-old woman reported the theft of a mountain bike valued at approximately $400 in the 9600 block of Stikine Street.
• At 8:48 a.m. Tuesday, a 49-year-old man reported vandalism to a vehicle in the 300 block of Whittier Street.