This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• Kirk Henri Jim, 21, was arrested for assault on the 6500 block of Glacier Highway Sunday at 4:58 p.m. and transported to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• Sunday at 8:30 p.m. police investigated an assault reported on the 100 block of Franklin Street. Both parties went to Bartlett Regional Hospital for an evaluation of their injuries. Alcohol was a factor.
• Police investigated the death of a 33-year-old man on the 6500 block of Glacier Highway Sunday at 9:14 p.m.. The death is not considered suspicious and next of kin has been notified.
Driving without a license
• Charles Rhyner, 38, was cited and released Sunday at 7:50 p.m. on the 1600 block of Renninger Street for driving without a license.
Driving while intoxicated
• Dean Anthony Francisco, 50, was arrested Sunday at 9:07 p.m. at Sealaska Plaza for driving while intoxicated and lodged at LCCC. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
Fire & Medical
• At 3 p.m. on Sunday crews provided transport from the airport to Bartlett regional hospital for a female medevac patient.
• At 4:24 p.m. a child was given advanced life support and taken to the hospital from Boy Scout Camp Herbert River for further care.
• At 5:09 p.m. Sunday a man received advanced life support on Glacier Highway and was transported to the hospital for further care.
•At 5:32 p.m. Sunday an man received basic life support on Mendenhall Loop Road and was transported to the hospital for further care.
• Fire crews responded to the airport Sunday at 7:20 p.m. for a report of a fire aboard an aircraft. The pilot said an alternator seized-up and caused a burning smell. There were no injuries.
• Sunday at 8:30 p.m. on Ferry Way a man was provided basic medical care and transported to the hospital for further care.
• Sunday at 9:11 p.m. a man was provided basic life support care on Sixth Street and transported by police.
•At 9:24 p.m. crews responded to Glacier Highway and found a man who had died prior to their arrival.
• At 9:42 p.m. on Glacier Highway advanced life support was provided and the male patient was transported to the hospital for further care.
• On Sunday at 10:42 p.m. on Martin Way fire crews made a smoke investigation and found that a resident was burning tree clippings in a barrel. He was asked to stop burning and resume in the morning.
Sexual abuse of a minor
• Investigation continued on the report of sexual abuse of a minor Sunday in the Juneau area.
• A 51-year woman Monday at 7:54 p.m. reported her vehicle was taken without her permission from the 20 block of Behrends Avenue.
• A 56-year-old man reported approximately 70 gallons of fuel stolen from three trucks.
• Police investigated a report of a theft at 10:54 a.m. Monday on the 17000 block of Towers Road.
• Monday at 11:38 a.m. a 60-year-old man reported his vehicle was rifled through and his cell phone taken.
• Monday at 7:38 a.m. a 41-year-old man reported vandalism to his vehicle on the 300 block of Fifth Street in Douglas.