This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• Monday at 10:31 a.m. on the 7900 block of Gladstone Street Kurtis Michael DeTemple, 20, was arrested for disorderly conduct, resisting/interfering and transported to Lemon Creek Correctional Center (LCCC).
• Monday at 8:28 a.m. on the 9300 block of Glacier Highway a 64-year-old woman reported vandalism and theft from a business.
Commercial fish closed area
• On June 24, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau cited David Williams, 43, of Juneau, for operating a commercial drift gillnet in District 11-A, which is an area closed to gillnet fishing. He was given an arraignment date of July 10 in the District Court at Juneau.
• On June 24, the Alaska Wildlife Troopers Juneau post issued Jonathan T. Pavlik, age 31, of Yakutat a summons for commercial fishing in a closed area. Pavlik operating a commercial drift gillnet outside of the open area in District 15C inside of the closed District 11A. Arraignment has been set for July 10 in the Juneau District Court.
Conditions of release violation
• Sunday at 8:09 p.m. on the 300 block of Willoughby Avenue 43-year-old David Anthony Esparza was arrested for violating conditions of release. He was transported to and lodged at LCCC.
• At 9:59 a.m. Monday drug activity was reported in the Juneau area.
• Sunday at 1:09 p.m. on the 3500 block of Douglas Highway a bike was found and placed into safekeeping at JPD.
•Sunday at 6:05 p.m. on the 5300 block of Shaune Drive a found BB gun was taken into safekeeping.
No commercial crew members license
• Sunday, the Alaska Wildlife Troopers Juneau post issued Lindsey R. Brown, age 22, of Juneau a citation for participating in the 2013 commercial gillnet fishery without a commercial crew members license in possession. Brown was given a $260 fine out of the Juneau District Court.
No personal use license
• On June 23, Alaska Wildlife Troopers Juneau post issued Qin H. Zhou, 36, of Juneau a citation for harvesting clams in the Juneau area without a valid 2013 sport fish license. Zhou was given a $210 fine out of the Juneau District Court.
No sport fish license
• On June 23, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau cited Tianen Li, 68, of China, for sport fishing without a valid license. Li was issued a $210 bailable citation which he must respond to at the District Court of Juneau.
Retain undersize crab/No license
• On June 23, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau cited Joe Kiser, 38, of Juneau, for retaining two undersize Dungeness crab and for failing to have a current license while personal use fishing. Kiser was issued $360 in bailable citations, which he must respond to at the District Court of Juneau.
Retain undersize crab
• On June 23, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau cited Xiaofeng Lu, 36, of Juneau, for retaining three undersize Dungeness crab while personal use fishing. Lu was issued a $170 bailable citation which she must respond to at the District Court of Juneau.
Retain undersized personal use Dungeness crab
• On June 23, Alaska Wildlife Troopers Juneau post issued Dain A. Hungelmann, 37, of Juneau a citation for harvesting and retaining undersized Dungeness crab. Hungelmann was given a $150 fine out of the Juneau District Court.
Sport fish with more than one line
• Saturday, the Alaska Wildlife Troopers Juneau post issued Michael C. Kirchner, 53, of Juneau a citation for sport fishing with more than one line. Kirchner was given a $110 fine out of the Juneau District Court
• Sunday at 2:42 p.m. police investigated a report of a camera theft one the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive.
• Sunday at 5:16 p.m. a 56-year-old woman reported the theft of a credit card on the 200 block of Front Street.
• Sunday at 9:12 p.m. on the 12400 block of Mendenhall Loop Road a 30-year-old man reported items stolen from his locked vehicle. Investigation continues.
Traffic stop/Citation/Warrant arrest/Vehicle impound
• Monday at 1:29 a.m. on the 1200 block of Glacier Avenue 41-year-old Michael Donald Gallo was cited and released for driving without a license and the vehicle he was driving was impounded. Additionally, 32-year-old Kenneth Ketah, Jr. was arrested on an outstanding no bail Juneau Alaska State Troopers warrant and providing false information to a police officer. Ketah was transported to and lodged at LCCC.
• Monday at 7:33 a.m. on the 3400 block of Glacier Highway police took an information report of a civil issue in the 3000 block of Glacier Highway.
• Sunday at 12:28 p.m. on the 2900 block of Foster Avenue a 36-year-old female reported vandalism to her vehicle.
• Sunday at 12:56 p.m. on the 3300 block of Foster Avenue investigation continues into the report of vandalism to a vehicle window.