This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Commercial fish closed area
• On Thursday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau cited Izaak J. Esquiro, 37, of Warm Springs, Ore., for operating a commercial purse seine in a closed area during the Amalga Harbor seine fishery. Troopers said he was operating the F/V Coral, and they seized just under 8,000 pounds of fish.
• At 3:14 p.m. Saturday, the Juneau Police Department investigated a reported violation of a protective order.
• At 5:52 p.m. Thursday, Walter Roy Brown, 31, was arrested for disorderly conduct in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was involved.
• At 9:59 p.m. Thursday, a 48-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence assault and criminal mischief, and he was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 1:41 a.m. Friday, a 33-year-old woman reported being assaulted by a 31-year-old man. Alcohol was involved. Investigation continues.
• At 6:40 p.m. Friday, JPD investigated a reported domestic violence assault.
Driving without a license/minor consuming
• At 1:22 a.m. Friday, a 16-year-old girl was cited for driving without a license on Valley Drive, and the vehicle was impounded. Additionally, a 16-year-old girl, 17-year-old boy and 20-year-old Laurie Marina Torres were cited for minor consuming.
• At 2:31 a.m. Friday, Destiny Conklin-Cranston, 25, was cited for driving without a license in the 900 block of 10th Street, and the vehicle was impounded.
• At 3:56 p.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of drug activity in the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive.
• At 5:20 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 2:51 a.m. Saturday, Donavyn Jerhemy Peters, 26, and Jeremy Andreini, 32, were arrested for disorderly conduct in the 100 block of Franklin Street, and they were taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 3:30 a.m. Saturday, JPD investigated a report of an assault on Marine Way.
Fire and medical
• At 3:12 a.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Marsha Avenue, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 5:48 a.m. Thursday, Capital City Fire/Rescue was dispatched to Hospital Drive to transport an Airlift Northwest crew and female patient from BRH to Juneau International Airport.
• At 11:20 a.m. Thursday, CCFR was dispatched to a residence on Heron Way for complaint of black smoke coming out of chimney. On arrival, nothing was out of the ordinary.
• At 11:28 a.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Crow Hill Drive, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 12:39 p.m. Thursday, CCFR was dispatched to Industrial Boulevard for a report of an explosion and fire in the area. On arrival, no fire was found and Alaska Electric Light & Power was on scene to deal with an electrical wiring/equipment problem.
• At 4:03 p.m. Thursday, CCFR was dispatched to Hospital Drive to transport a Guardian crew with female patient from BRH to JIA.
• At 7:17 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Lemon Creek Road, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 8:05 p.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Mendenhall Peninsula Road, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 2:27 p.m. Thursday, Melinda Sue Wright, 47, was arrested for harassment in the 200 block of Front Street, and she was taken to LCCC.
• At 1:06 a.m. Saturday, Alfred Willis Torres Jr., 19, and Joseph Toni Russell Torres, 18, were cited for minor consuming in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 5:46 p.m. Saturday, a 40-year-old man reported a hit-and-run accident involving a parked Chevy and a pickup truck which left the area of 1700 block of Ralphs Way. Damage only.
Retain undersize Dungeness crab
• On Thursday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers in Juneau cited Ernesto K. Augustine, 72, of Juneau, for retaining undersize Dungeness crab taken during the personal use fishery.
• At 3:26 p.m. Thursday, Juneau Alaska State Troopers received a report of a theft on board the Alaska Marine Highway System ferry M/V Matanuska. A MacBook Air laptop was stolen from a passenger’s unattended backpack as the ferry was travelling from Petersburg to Juneau on July 3. Estimated value is $1,500. Case is under investigation.
• At 1:44 a.m. Saturday, a 68-year-old woman reported her 2005 Pontiac Grand-Am was stolen in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive.
• At 1:24 p.m. Thursday, a 75-year-old man reported vandalism to the front windshield of his 1983 AMC Eagle in the 5900 block of Montgomery Street. Damage valued at $500.
• At 3 p.m. Friday, Alaska State Troopers in Juneau arrested Lacy Siverly, 24, of Juneau, at her residence on an outstanding warrant charging three counts of second-degree drug misconduct, fourth-degree drug misconduct and violating conditions of release. She was taken to LCCC on $10,000 bail.