This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• Investigation continues into a reported assault Sunday at 4:18 a.m. on the 9300 block of Glacier Highway.
Commercial fish closed area - arraignment
On July 17, Izaak J. Esquiro, age 37 pled no contest to one count of operating a commercial salmon seine in a closed area. He was fined $1000 and ordered to forfeit just under 8,000 pounds of illegally taken salmon.
Commercial fish closed area
On July 11, Izaak J. Esquiro, 37, of Warm Springs, OR was cited by Wildlife Troopers for operating a commercial purse seine in a closed area during the Amalga Harbor seine fishery. Esquiro, who was operating the fishing vessel Coral, was given an arraignment date of July 17 in the Juneau district court. Just under 8,000 pounds of fish were seized as well.
Police investigated an unattended death Saturday at 4:57 p.m. on the 800 block of Front Street.
Domestic dispute/Disorderly conduct
• Sunday at 12:42 a.m. a man, 23, was arrested for disorderly conduct. He was transported to and lodged at LCCC. Police said alcohol was a factor.
Driving while intoxicated
Sunday at 3:04 a.m. 21-year-old Nicolis Estioko-Bell was arrested for DWI. He was lodged at LCCC, and his vehicle was impounded.
Driving without a license
• Saturday at 9:18 p.m. on the 1100 block of Glacier Avenue after a traffic stop 20-year-old James Manuel Mota was cited and released for driving without a license and the vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• Saturday at 11:37 p.m. 21-year-old Stevie Renee Mayville was cited for driving without a license and the vehicle she was driving was impounded.
A wallet was found and turned in to police for safekeeping Saturday at 1:58 p.m.
• Sunday at 12:20 a.m. a case was created for a cell phone found on the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• Saturday at 4:29 p.m. a 36-year-old woman reported a wedding ring was lost in the downtown area.
• Sunday at 1:44 a.m. on the 2500 block of Industrial Boulevard 18-year-old Andrea Crystal Scharen was cited and released for minor consuming.
• Saturday at 12:20 p.m. on the 3700 block of Portage Boulevard a 23-year-old woman reported CDs and computer games stolen from inside her vehicle.