This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• Sunday at 5:32 p.m., a sexual assault was reported.
• Sunday at 1:11 p.m., on the 1400 block of Harbor Way, a 34-year-old male reported a break-in to his boat.
• Sunday at 5:15 p.m., on the 100 block of Main Street, a 32-year-old female reported being assaulted by a 49-year-old male.
• Sunday at 12:50 p.m., on Echo Cove Road, a domestic dispute and stolen vehicle were reported.
Fail to record fish on Personal Use/Subsistence Permit
• On July 31 at approximately 2 p.m., Alaska Wildlife Troopers, while on patrol aboard the patrol vessel Enforcer, issued a citation to Chris A. Gilberto, 38, of Juneau for failing to record his catch before leaving the immediate fishing site on his personal use permit at Sweetheart Creek. The citation is a bailable offense with an $110.00 fine. An optional court appearance is scheduled within 30 days in the Juneau District Court.
Fail to complete commercial fish ticket
• On July 30 at approximately 3:30 p.m., Alaska Wildlife Troopers, while on patrol aboard the patrol vessel Enforcer, contacted Terrance Thomas, 55, of Juneau while commercial fishing near Bridget Cove. Investigation revealed Thomas offloaded approximately 30 Sockeye Salmon to a friend without completing a fish ticket. A mandatory court appearance is scheduled for Aug. 8 in the Juneau District Court.
• Sunday at 8:09 p.m., on the 300 block of Fourth Street, 24-year-old Monika Jay Escajeda was arrested for assault and lodged at Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
Motor vehicle crash injury
• Sunday at 4:22 p.m., on the 3500 block of Mendenhall Loop Road, a 2012 Subaru driven by a 58-year-old male sustained $20,000 in damage when it struck a 2010 Toyota driven by a 66-year-old female, which sustained $10,000 in damage. The male was transported to Bartlett Regional Hospital by Capital City Fire and Rescue for evaluation of injuries.
• Monday at 10:58 a.m., on the 1700 block of Ralph’s Way, a 40-year-old male reported the shoplifting of items.
• Monday at 9:31 a.m., on the 19100 block of Glacier Highway, a 28-year-old female reported her wallet containing $25 in cash stolen from her unlocked vehicle over the weekend.
• Monday at 1:10 a.m., on the 9000 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive, 19-year-old William Lott was cited and released for driving without a valid license. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• Sunday at noon, on Sunny Point Way, a 70-year-old female reported vandalism to the Walmart overpass.
• Sunday at 9:26 p.m., on the 3400 block of Foster Avenue, vandalism was reported.
• Monday at 3:47 a.m., on the 2200 block of Trout Street, criminal mischief was reported.
• Sunday at 9:21 p.m., on Egan Drive, a wallet was reported stolen.