This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 9:57 p.m. Friday, Steven Allen Kanan, 42, was arrested for assault on the 100 block of Franklin Street. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 9:54 p.m. Friday, investigation continued into the report of an assault on the 3800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road.
• At 1:54 a.m. Saturday, John Toutai, 19, was arrested for assault and resisting arrest. He was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 2:22 p.m. Thursday, the Juneau Police Department investigated a report of a stalking protection order violation in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive.
• At 3:19 p.m. Thursday, a 23-year-old woman reported a 36-year-old man violated a protective order by contacting her indirectly in the Juneau area. Investigation ongoing.
• At 8:04 p.m. Thursday, Valerie Yvonne Fawcett, 46, was arrested for violating conditions of release in the 100 block of Franklin Street. She was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 5:05 p.m. Thursday, JPD responded to a disturbance in the 2800 block of Postal Way for two brothers, ages 23 and 26, fighting. Alcohol was involved.
Domestic violence assault
• At 9:25 p.m. Thursday, Katherine Felipe, 68, was arrested for domestic violence assault in the 8900 block of Birch Lane, and she was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
Driving without a valid license
• At 10:32 p.m. Thursday, Jorge Lopez-Villareal, 24, was cited and released for driving without a valid license in the 100 block of Franklin Street. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 11:03 p.m. Thursday, Vance Webster, 23, was cited and released for driving without a valid license in the 3200 block of Egan Drive. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 4:34 p.m. Friday, Chelsea Maichele Massin was cited and relased for driving without a valid license on Del Rae Road. The car she was driving was impounded.
Driving while intoxicated
• At 2:40 a.m. Saturday, Richard Ross, 23, was arrested for driving under the influence on Industrial Boulevard and taken to LCCC. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• At 2:22 a.m. Saturday, Joshua Raymond Carrieri, 27, was arrested on a JPD no-bail warrant for failure to report to LCCC, original charge larceny. With the U.S. Coast Guard’s assitance, Carrieri was additionally charged with driving a boat while intoxicated and Vehicle Theft 1. He was taken to LCCC.
Fire and medical
• At 4:56 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Douglas Highway, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 8:42 a.m. Thursday, Capital City Fire and Rescue was dispatched to Riverside Drive for a fire alarm. Unintentional transmission of alarm. System reset.
• At 2:11 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Mendenhall Loop Road, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 3:14 p.m. Thursday, CCFR went to Glacier Highway for fire code enforcement.
• At 3:47 p.m. Thursday, CCFR fire marshal responded to an unauthorized open burn in a large burn barrel on Glacier Highway. Responsible party extinguished the fire.
• At 7:12 p.m. Thursday, CCFR was dispatched to transport a male patient and flight crew from BRH to Juneau International Airport.
• At 9:25 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Birch Lane, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 4:50 p.m. Thursday, a 63-year-old woman reported her credit card was used without authorization in the Juneau area.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 9:13 a.m. Friday, JPD responded to a damage-only two-vehicle crash in the 1000 block of 10th Street. The first vehicle sustained $5,000 in damage; the second, $1,000.
• At 11 a.m. Friday, JPD responded to a damage-only two-vehicle crash in the 8300 block of Old Dairy Road. A driver was cited for failing to maintain a safe distance.
• At 5:45 p.m. Friday, a 56-year-old man reported his 1998 Dodge pickup was struck while parked on the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road.
• At 5:30 p.m. Friday, a 51-year-old woman driving a 2001 Subaru wagon struck a 2005 Chrysler van driven by a 59-year-old man. Investigation continues.
• At 3:42 p.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of sexual assault.
• At 1:26 a.m. Friday, Gilbert Charles Willard, 49, was arrested for sexual assault in the second degree, and he was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 5:11 p.m. Thursday, a 58-year-old man reported $70 worth of fuel siphoned from his vehicle in the 12700 block of Douglas Highway. No leads or suspects. Extra patrol requested.
• At 1:39 p.m. Friday, a 31-year-old man reported the theft of a backpack valued at $30 and its contents in the downtown area.
• At 2:25 p.m. Friday, Elena Lisle, 54, was cited and released for shoplifting in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 4:01 p.m. Friday, investigation continued into the report of a theft on the 5900 block of Churchill Way.
• At 5:50 p.m. Friday, a 14-year-old boy reported his specialized “Hard Rock” 15 in. bicycle was stolen on the 3100 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 7:38 p.m. Friday, investigatin continued into the theft of liquor from a business on the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 8:44 a.m. Friday, JPD investigated a report of trespass in the 3100 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 12:22 a.m. Saturday, Stephen Carl Cooper Jr., 33, was arrested for criminal trespass and being drunk on a licensed premise. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 3:50 a.m. Saturday, Dustin Stevenson, 34, was arrested for criminal trespass, interfering and resisting. He was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 1:41 p.m. Thursday, a 36-year-old man reported the theft of prescription medication from his unlocked vehicle in the Juneau area.