This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 9:53 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department investigated a report of an assault in the 3400 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 7:12 a.m. Wednesday, a 55-year-old man reported someone entered his home in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive and stole a toolbox.
• At 4:10 a.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated the misuse of license plates on a vehicle in the 3000 block of Vintage Boulevard.
• At 12:28 p.m. Tuesday, Franklin Harvey James Jr., 50, was arrested for drunken driving, breath alcohol content over the legal limit and on an outstanding $1,000 Ketchikan Alaska State Trooper warrant for failing to register as a sex offender in the second degree. He was additionally cited for driving without a license. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center, and his vehicle was impounded.
Fire and medical
• At 9:20 a.m. Tuesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue was dispatched to Stephen Richards Memorial Drive for a vehicle that was on fire. Fire was extinguished.
• At 11:20 a.m. Tuesday, CCFR was dispatched to Yandukin Drive for an illegal burn. No permit. Person agreed to extinguish the fire.
• At 12 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to the same location on Yandukin Drive since the fire was not extinguished when asked. CCFR extinguished the fire and issued an order to stop burning.
• At 1:07 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Franklin Street, and a man was taken to the hospital by a non-fire agency.
• At 2:14 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR was dispatched to Marine Way for a fire alarm. No fire found. A contractor was testing the fire alarm.
• At 3:25 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR was dispatched to Glacier Highway for a fire alarm. No smoke or fire found. An alarm company came to reset the alarm.
• At 3:44 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR was dispatched to Lena Loop Road for a fire alarm. False alarm due to bad detector. Maintenance replaced the smoke detector and reset the system.
• At 4:33 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR transported a man and flight crew from Juneau International Airport to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 4:43 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Franklin Street, and a man was taken to BRH by a non-fire agency.
• At 5:41 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Crest Street, and a woman declined transport to BRH.
• At 5:34 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR transported a man and flight crew from JIA to BRH.
• At 5:58 p.m. Tuesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Savikko Road, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 8:48 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Northwood Drive, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 9:28 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Engineers Cutoff Road, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 11:15 p.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Fourth Street, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 7:23 p.m. Tuesday, a 28-year-old woman reported Internet fraud in the Juneau area. Investigation continues.
• At 4:14 p.m. Tuesday, Bohdan Labozhenko, 31, was cited and released for larceny in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 6:40 p.m. Tuesday, a 74-year-old woman reported the theft of a pendant valued at $3,000 and a bottle of perfume valued at $90 from the 8900 block of Atlin Drive. Investigation continues.
• At 12:54 a.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a report of trespassing in the 10000 block of Crazy Horse Drive.