This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
Domestic violence assault
• At 6:11 a.m. Thursday, a 23-year-old man was arrested for domestic violence assault, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was involved.
• At 2:46 p.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department conducted a confidential drug investigation in the Juneau area.
• At 9:34 a.m. Thursday, JPD conducted a confidential investigation into a report of drug activity in the Juneau area.
Fire and medical
• At 1:13 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue was dispatched to Sitka Street to assist JPD on a good intent call.
• At 3:10 p.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Nowell Avenue, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 3:41 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Salmon Creek Lane, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 4:17 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Franklin Street. Upon arrival, didn’t find anyone in the area and no one admitted to calling 911 for assistance.
• At 4:08 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Ferry Way to investigate a possible red Durango that was smoking from the rear tire. CCFR found that there was no emergency to the vehicle and determined it was steam, vapor, fog or dust was mistaken for smoke. The caller was not present on scene, and units returned to service.
• At 4:36 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Willoughby Avenue, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 4:37 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR was dispatched to Ninnis Drive for a burn complaint. Investigation found it was an authorized controlled burn, and the resident had a burn permit and was following the rules.
• At 4:40 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR provided standby for an Airlift Northwest aircraft that was refueling on Livingston Way.
• At 7:29 p.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Trinity Drive, and she was taken to BRH.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 7:27 p.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a damage-only motor vehicle crash at Mall Road and Riverside Drive. The first vehicle, driven by a 59-year-old man, was totaled. The second vehicle, driven by a 48-year-old man, sustained about $5,000 in damages. The 59-year-old was cited for failing to yield on a flashing yellow light.
• At 10:52 a.m. Thursday, a 55-year-old man reported his vehicle was struck while parked in the 1900 block of Lemon Creek Road. He reported that the driver’s side of the vehicle was damaged.
• At 9:27 a.m. Thursday, JPD investigated a report of a 16-year-old boy concealing merchandise in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road.
• At 6:38 p.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a broken window at a business in the 100 block of South Franklin Street.