This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 12:43 a.m. Friday, the Juneau Police Department investigated a report of an assault in the 3400 block of Foster Avenue.
• At 9:40 a.m. Friday, JPD conducted a confidential drug investigation.
Fire and medical
• At 3:16 a.m. Thursday, Capital City Fire and Rescue was dispatched to Fritz Cove Road for a carbon monoxide detector activation. No evidence of carbon monoxide found. Advised owners to replace detectors.
• At 6:11 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Harbor Way, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 8:29 a.m. Thursday, CCFR was dispatched to Douglas Highway for a fire alarm. No smoke or fire found.
• At 10:03 a.m. Thursday, CCFR was dispatched to Old Lawson Creek Road for a house fire. Fire found on first floor in living room and was extinguished. Heavy fire damage to living room, and heavy smoke damage to the first and second floor.
• At 11:09 a.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Franklin Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 11:50 a.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Glacier Highway, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 12:49 p.m. Thursday, CCFR transported a woman from BRH to her residence.
• At 1:28 p.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Mendenhall Loop Road, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 6:15 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given a man on Aisek Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 7:02 p.m. Thursday, CCFR was dispatched to Marine Way for a good intent call. No transport.
• At 7:43 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on Vista Drive, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 8:16 p.m. Thursday, CCFR was dispatched to Glacier Highway for an EMS call, and a woman declined transport.
• At 9:04 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a woman on 12th Street, and she was taken to BRH.
Motor vehicle crash injury
• At 4:19 p.m. Friday, Juneau Police Department responded to a motor vehicle crash on the 8800 block of Egan Drive. A 2003 Dodge Durango driven by a 26-year-old woman incurred an estimated $2,500 in damages. A 2007 Dodge Durango driven by a 51-year-old woman was totaled. The 51-year-old was cited for failure to maintain a safe distance and transported to Bartlett Regional Hospital for evaluation of injuries. Alcohol was not a factor.
• At 5:48 p.m. Thursday, Elizabeth Marie Gray, 50, was cited and released for larceny in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 4:59 p.m. Friday, a 36-year-old woman reported the theft of a mountain bike on the 3000 block of Wood Duck Avenue. The bike was valued at $1,200.
• At 7:47 p.m. Friday, a 29-year-old woman reported her purse was stolen on the 100 block of Savikko Road.
Wildlife law violation
• On Friday, Alaska State Troopers cited 50-year-old Richard E. White of Juneau for taking a brown bear without a valid registration permit. White harvested a brown bear from Admiralty Island within game management unit 4 on 10/2/13 without first obtaining the proper registration permit. Brown was issued a $160 bailable citation for the offense.