This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 9:14 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department investigated a report of a burglary in the 5500 block of Aisek Street.
• At 9 a.m. Tuesday, Alaska State Troopers received a report that Nicholas Degtoff was in Haines in violation of his conditions of release in a misdemeanor case out of Haines, which required him to remain within the City and Borough of Juneau. Troopers contacted Degtoff at a residence in Haines near Mosquito Lake Road, which the court had also directed him not to be at. He was arrested and remanded without incident for five counts of violating conditions of release and two counts of unlawful contact. The current conditions of release originate from an act of domestic violence, according to an online dispatch from troopers.
• At 8 p.m. Tuesday, JPD created a case for destruction of drug paraphernalia in the 3200 block of Egan Drive.
• At 11:28 a.m. Saturday, Alaska Wildlife Troopers were notified of a vehicle in a ditch near Poplar Avenue and Taku Boulevard. The caller believed the driver was possibly intoxicated. Falefiaoalii Laasia, 30, of Juneau, was contacted and arrested for driving under the influence and operating a vehicle without a valid driver’s license. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
Fire and medical
• At 5:59 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Douglas Highway, and she was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 9:49 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Teslin Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 9:52 a.m. Tuesday, Capital City Fire and Rescue transported a woman and flight crew from Juneau International Airport to BRH.
• At 10:53 a.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Marine Way. Investigation revealed an extinguisher had been accidentally discharged, which set off the smoke alarms. System reset.
• At 10:47 a.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Amalga Street, and a woman declined transport to BRH.
• At 11:12 a.m. Tuesday, advanced life support care was given to a woman on Mendenhall Mall Road, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 8 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Egan Drive, and a man declined transport to BRH.
• At 10:51 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR was dispatched to Franklin Street for an EMS call. Upon arrival, nobody was in the area that admitted to calling 911. No patient found. Units returned to service.
• At 12:12 p.m. Tuesday, a 35-year-old woman reported her vehicle was rifled through in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway, and her medication, wallet and other miscellaneous items were stolen.
• At 8:16 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a report of shoplifting in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue. Alcohol was involved.
• At 9:40 a.m. Wednesday, a 44-year-old man reported vandalism to a change machine in the 11700 block of Glacier Highway.