Fire officials say two residents escaped a house fire unscathed due to a working smoke detector.
Deputy Fire Marshal Sven Pearson said the smoke detector awoke the two occupants from their sleep at about 5 a.m. Monday morning, giving them enough time to exit before the trailer was fully engulfed in flames.
Pearson said firefighters found the structure, located at 8477 Thunder Mountain Road, completely ablaze. Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames.
An investigation revealed the fire originated within the area of the propane water heater, Pearson said.
The structure was valued at $22,000 and was a total loss. No one was injured.