This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 1:12 p.m. Saturday, Edison Estigoy, 26, was arrested for assault for punching a 19-year-old man in the face, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center on $1,000 bail. The case originated when police responded to a report of an fight outside a residence at 6590 Glacier Highway. The investigation revealed that a verbal altercation occurred between neighbors and that it turned into a physical altercation.
• At 3:36 p.m. Saturday, a 55-year-old man reported a burglary at a garage in the 1000 block of Glacier Highway. The only item reported stolen was a Playstation 3, valued at $200.
Driving without a valid license
• At 1:41 p.m. Saturday, Francisco Amilcar Cardena Diaz, 47, was cited for driving without a valid license in the 3000 block of Douglas Highway. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 1:40 a.m. Sunday, Everett Jamestown Jr. was contacted asleep behind a vehicle in a parking lot in the 400 block of Willoughby Avenue. He failed a field sobriety test and was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving. At the Juneau Police Department station, he provided a breath sample of .267. He was taken to LCCC and held on $1,500 bail for a prior DUI in Alaska in 2002.
• At 4:49 p.m. Saturday, Almarie Louise Cook, 29, was cited and released for misdemeanor larceny after she concealed $40.87 worth of merchandise in her purse. She left the store, in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway, without paying.
• At 4:18 p.m. Saturday, a 54-year-old man reported approximately 40 to 60 gallons worth of heating fuel stolen sometime since November 2013 in the 8400 block of Steep Place.
• At 7:44 a.m. Sunday, JPD received a report of vandalism to an ATM and the front entrance door of a business on Marine Way. Combined, damage was estimated at $750.
• At 11:26 p.m. Saturday, Sara Gallager, 26, was arrested in the 400 block of Third Street on an outstanding no bail felony Juneau Alaska State Troopers parole arrest warrant for apprehension detention. The warrant’s original underlying charge was robbery in the second degree and assault in the fourth degree. She was taken to LCCC.