A Juneau grand jury indicted two men for child sex abuse in unrelated cases late last month.
Charles S. Jim, 23, was charged with third-degree sexual abuse of a minor for engaging in sexual contact with a 13-year-old in December at or near Juneau, according to an indictment.
A $2,500 warrant was issued for his arrest on March 14, and a Village Patrol Safety Office arrested him in Angoon on March 19, according to court documents. The warrant lists his last known address in Angoon.
Court records indicate Jim’s attorney is Juneau Assistant Public Defender Timothy Ayer, who could not be reached for comment Tuesday afternoon. A jury trial is scheduled for June. No other information was immediately available about the case.
Another Juneau grand jury charged Christopher David Lee Bragg, 19, with second-degree sexual abuse of a minor for having sex with a 13-year-old girl in Haines. The girl’s father reported the incident to police, according to a criminal complaint filed by a Haines police sergeant.
Bragg was arrested in Haines on March 12 and is being held at Lemon Creek Correctional Center on $25,000 bail. Court records show he is also being represented by counsel with the Juneau Public Defender Agency, and he is scheduled to stand trial in May.
Other indictments issued by Juneau grand juries in late March are as follows:
• James M. Howe, 42, was charged with felony third-degree assault for causing physical injury to someone at or near Wrangell on March 5.
• Jerry R. Cropley, 50, was charged with felony third-degree assault for hitting his girlfriend in Juneau on March 6.
• Oliver C. Christensen, 31, was charged with felony driving under the influence for an incident in Juneau on March 7.
• Melanie L. Maus, 30, was charged with two felony counts of failure to appear for not showing up to Juneau court in a felony case in February. She is facing fraudulent use of a stolen access device and second-degree theft charges in the underlying case.
• Steven N. Paradis, 24, was charged with two felony counts of second-degree drug misconduct for dealing heroin in Juneau in October 2013.