This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 5:58 a.m. Tuesday, Lorraine Paul, 39, was arrested for domestic violence assault for striking a 38-year-old man in the head with a metal pipe under the Gold Creek Bridge. Alcohol was involved.
• At 3:23 a.m. Tuesday, between 12:30 and 3 a.m., an unknown person set fire to the pulpit in the main chapel at Chapel by the Lake in the 11000 block of Auke Lake Way. Goldbelt Security officers discovered and extinguished the fire. Investigation continues.
• At 1 p.m. Monday, a man reported to police that his son located what he believed was an explosive blasting cap on the bank of the Mendenhall River the previous day. The Juneau Police Department Explosive Ordinance Disposal Team located the item in the vicinity of the 3000 block of Riverside Drive. The blasting cap was weathered and appeared to have been in the area for a long time. It was rendered safe and disposed of.
• At 11:40 a.m. Tuesday, a 54-year-old woman reported her wallet missing in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 12:08 p.m. Monday, JPD assisted Capital City Fire Rescue with a medical issue.
• At 12:17 p.m. Monday, a 24-year-old man reported to police that between 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. an unknown person stole his blue Subaru from the Auke Bay area in the 11100 block of Glacier Highway. The vehicle was later recovered.
• At 9:15 a.m. Tuesday, a 33-year-old woman reported sometime between March 10-17, $812 cash was stolen from the 3100 block of Riverside Drive.