This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 1:31 a.m. on Wednesday, a 40-year-old woman reported she was struck by a 53-year-old man on the 8400 block of Thunder Mountain Road. Alcohol was involved.
• At 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday, a 16-year-old runaway girl was cited for minor consuming at mile 3 of Thane Road. She was released to Cornerstone.
Motor vehicle crash damage only
• At 12:53 p.m. on Tuesday, JPD responded to a motor vehicle crash on the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive. A 2012 pickup, driven by a 27-year-old woman, received approximately $10,000 worth of damages and the driver was cited for failure to yield while turning left. The second vehicle, driven by a 44 year-old woman, received approximately $10,000 worth of damages. Both vehicles were towed.
• At 6:08 p.m. on Tuesday, 41-year-old John Salyers was taken to the Lemon Creek Correctional Center on remand for a probation violation.
• At 8:20 p.m. on Tuesday, a 63-year-old local man was detained for shoplifting as Safeway. The original witness to the incident wasn’t available to meet with the responding officer, so the investigation will continue and charges will be forwarded to the City Attorney’s office recommending a charge of Larceny.
• At 5:34 p.m. on Tuesday, JPD received a request for a welfare check on a man appearing to be on drugs who was picking his child up from daycare. JPD conducted the welfare check and referred the case to the Office of Children’s Services.
• At 8:07 p.m. on Tuesday, a 19-year-old woman reported her Vera Bradley black purse with a flower design containing miscellaneous ID cards stolen on the 2800 block of Riverside Drive.