A clothes dryer fire prompted Capital City Fire and Rescue firefighters to respond to a house in the valley around 9:15 a.m. Tuesday morning.
CCFR said the fire was out when they arrived at the house on Hayes Way, where a police officer was already on scene with the occupant. The occupant reported they experienced a dryer fire, but they believed it was extinguished.
Firefighters inspected the home to ensure the fire hadn’t spread in the surrounding area, including a wall that was inspected with a thermal imaging camera. They declared the scene under control within 10 minutes.
Investigation confirmed the fire was accidental in nature, said CCFR Assistant Chief Brian Long. Damage was estimated to be less than $5,000.
• Contact reporter Emily Russo Miller at 523-2263 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.