Dryer fire at valley home prompts CCFR response

A clothes dryer fire prompted Capital City Fire and Rescue firefighters to respond to a house in the valley around 9:15 a.m. Tuesday morning.

CCFR said the fire was out when they arrived at the house on Hayes Way, where a police officer was already on scene with the occupant. The occupant reported they experienced a dryer fire, but they believed it was extinguished.

Firefighters inspected the home to ensure the fire hadn’t spread in the surrounding area, including a wall that was inspected with a thermal imaging camera. They declared the scene under control within 10 minutes.

Investigation confirmed the fire was accidental in nature, said CCFR Assistant Chief Brian Long. Damage was estimated to be less than $5,000.

• Contact reporter Emily Russo Miller at 523-2263 or at emily.miller@juneauempire.com.

CONTACT US

  • Switchboard: 907-586-3740
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-586-3740
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Business Fax: 907-586-9097
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-523-2230
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

 

More

Wed, 12/13/2017 - 05:35

DOT plans to resurface Douglas’ 3rd Street in 2019

The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities has announced plans for road work in the heart of Douglas.... Read more

Wed, 12/13/2017 - 05:32

Festive flights set for takeoff Friday

After bad weather grounded the holiday tradition last year, the annual Christmas Lights Flights event is taking Juneauites to the skies this Friday night in... Read more