This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 3:32 p.m. Tuesday, Patrick McKinley was arrested for assault for repeatedly kicking another man in his head and causing him minor injury. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was involved.
• At 3:26 p.m. Tuesday, the Juneau Police Department received a report that a 16-year-old girl was assaulted in the 9100 block of Hurlock Avenue.
• At 6:50 a.m. Tuesday, a clinician applied for custody of a 25-year-old male patient due to mental health issues. JPD contacted the man in the 2000 block of Skaters Cabin Road and took him to Bartlett Regional Hospital on an emergency ex-parte mental hold.
• At 6:42 p.m. Monday, JPD received a report of a burglary in the 2000 block of Creek Street. A laptop valued at $1,000 was taken, as was a portable DVD player valued at $100.
• At 7:56 p.m. Monday, an unknown person burglarized a residence in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway and stole approximately $1,100 worth of electronics and jewelry.
• At 9:10 p.m. Monday, Matthew Kaine Strickland, 33, was arrested for disorderly conduct in the 9200 block of Cinema Drive, and he was taken to LCCC on $250 bail.
• At 12:59 p.m. Tuesday, Harley Williams was arrested for disorderly conduct for standing in the middle of the 10th Street and Egan Drive intersection and interfering with street traffic. He was taken to LCCC.
• At 10:57 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a reported domestic violence incident. JPD created a case for information purposes, and forwarded their information to the Office of Children’s Services. Alcohol was involved.
• At 12:12 p.m. Tuesday, a 34-year-old man was arrested for violating a domestic violence restraining order by texting the petitioner. He was taken to LCCC and held without bail.
• At 9:14 a.m. Wednesday, a 22-year-old was arrested for domestic violence assault for punching a 15-year-old in the head multiple times and for interfering with an officer’s duties. He was taken to LCCC and held without bail.
Driving without a valid license
• 12:44 p.m. Tuesday, Scott Webster, 47, was cited for driving without a valid license during a traffic stop in the 400 block of Main Street. His vehicle was impounded.
Fire and medical
• At 12:46 a.m. Tuesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to an EMS call on Amalga Street for a man with chest pain. Advanced life support care was given, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 8:48 a.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm at Riverbend Elementary School on Riverside Drive. While en route, dispatchers informed CCFR it was just a fire drill.
• At 9:02 a.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on West Willoughby Avenue for a man having a seizure. Basic life support care was given, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 1:07 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an unattended burn pile at a home at 1001 Ski Street. Firefighters put out a smoldering fire that was about three-feet by three-feet using a water can. Nobody was at the home.
• At 3:32 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call at 615 W. Willoughby Avenue for a patient who was assaulted behind Foodland. Upon arrival, CCFR found two patients, one male who was assaulted and one woman who was intoxicated. Basic life support care was given, and both were taken to BRH.
• At 6:16 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Marine Way for a man who had fallen down and had a bloody nose. Basic life support care was given, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 10:05 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Hurlock Avenue for a man who was seizing. Basic life support care was given, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 10:13 p.m. Tuesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Sesame Street, and no fire was found. Alarm sounded due to steam from cooking.
• At 4:18 p.m. Tuesday, a 55-year-old woman reported someone else fraudulently filed her tax return.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 7:41 p.m. Tuesday, JPD investigated a reported damage-only hit-and-run in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 9:55 a.m. Tuesday, Alaska State Troopers in Juneau received a report from LCCC that they found drugs in mail addressed to an inmate.
• At 6:02 p.m. Monday, Marilyn Willard, 44, was arrested on a $5,000 Alaska State Trooper Juneau warrant charging two counts of second-degree drug misconduct. Additionally, Ronald Wheat, 46, was cited and released for criminal trespass.
• At 3:26 p.m. Tuesday, Chrystal Phillips, 26, was arrested for larceny near the 6500 block of Glacier Highway after she fled a business with stolen merchandise. She was additionally served a criminal trespass letter. She was taken to LCCC.
• At 7:42 p.m. Tuesday, a 13-year-old girl stole $18.92 worth of merchandise from a business in the 8000 block of Glacier Highway. She was released to a parent and charges were forwarded to the Johnson Youth Center.
• At 6:50 p.m. Tuesday, a 46-year-old woman reported a trespass at her residence in the 4400 block of Kanata Street.
• At 12:15 p.m. Tuesday, Alaska State Troopers in Juneau launched an investigation into an inmate at LCCC for contacting his victim by phone.
• At 10:43 p.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of a disturbance in the 4500 block of Kanata Street. Glen Creekpaum, 31, was arrested for misdemeanor fourth-degree weapons misconduct for possessing a loaded firearm while under the influence of alcohol. He was taken to LCCC on $500 bail.