This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 4:08 p.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department investigated a report of a burglary in the area of Amalga Street.
Criminally negligent burning
• At 6:16 p.m. Wednesday, a juvenile was investigated for attempted criminally negligent burning in the 8400 block of Valley Boulevard.
Driving without a valid license
• At 1:05 p.m. Wednesday, Richard Leroy Hayes, 49, was cited and released for driving without a valid license and failing to carry proof of insurance on Muir Street. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 1:55 p.m. Wednesday, Elsa Garcia-Figueroa, 34, was cited for operating a motor vehicle without a valid license in the 600 block of Willoughby Avenue, and her vehicle was impounded.
• At 8:13 p.m. Wednesday, William Ewing, 52, was arrested for drunken driving and driving with a revoked license in the 2200 block of Trout Street. His blood alcohol content level was 0.174 percent. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held on $1,500 cash bail for the DWI. Additionally, he was arrested on a $150 warrant for failing to appear for a pretrial court hearing on a previous DWI.
• At 11:24 p.m. Wednesday, Tess Staton, 25, was arrested for drunken driving in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway, and she was taken to LCCC. She was additionally charged with refusing to submit to a Breathalyzer test. She was later released on her own recognizance.
Fire and medical
• At 12:30 a.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Willoughby Avenue, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 7:59 a.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on 12th Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to a report of a structure fire on Egan Drive. For more information, see “Report of fire at Centennial Hall just a ‘smoky old light fixture’” in Thursday’s paper.
• At 2:37 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a good intent call on Glacier Highway, and a woman was assessed with no injuries found. She requested transport from another agency.
• At 3:08 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on 12th Street, and a man was assisted. No transport necessary.
• At 3:55 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR took a woman and medical flight team from Juneau International Airport to BRH. Basic life support care was provided.
• At 4:01 p.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Great Western Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 5:01 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Hospital Drive, and he was taken from Rainforest Recovery Center to BRH.
• At 8:11 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on 12th Street, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 9:10 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a man on Third Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 4:40 p.m. Wednesday, a 59-year-old man reported his identity was fraudulently used to file a tax return in Indiana and Michigan.
• At 3:56 p.m. Wednesday, Kathryn Bartels, 50, was cited and released for indecent exposure in the second degree in the 100 block of Franklin Street.
• At 1:20 p.m. Wednesday, an unidentified man in his early 20s stole a two-piece DeWalt drill kit valued at $249 and a DeWalt 12V Hex Impact kit valued at $139 from Alaska Industrial Hardware in the 9100 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 5:37 p.m. Wednesday, Dawn Cranston was arrested for failing to pay a taxi cab fare and criminal trespass after being ordered to stay away from a property in the 5000 block of Douglas Highway. Alcohol was involved.
• At 9:02 p.m. Wednesday, a 61-year-old woman reported her black wheelchair was stolen from outside her residence in the 9000 block of Long Run Drive.
• At 10:25 p.m. Wednesday, Ronald Wheat, 46, was arrested for second-degree theft in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway. He was additionally arrested on an outstanding $250 warrant.