This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 6:56 p.m. Thursday, JPD investigated the death of 82-year-old Charles Dewitt Sr. in the 2000 block of Salmon Creek Lane. No foul play suspected. Next of kin has been notified.
Driving without a valid license
• At 5:37 p.m. Thursday, Jason Martin-Wilson operated a vehicle on Egan Drive without a valid license. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 2:09 a.m. Friday, Rochelle Woods, 28, operated a vehicle on Egan Drive without a drivers license. Her vehicle was impounded.
• At 11:35 a.m. Friday, Jessica Dodson, 27, was cited for driving without a valid license in the 9400 block of Glacier Highway. Her vehicle was impounded.
• At 11:49 a.m. Friday, Terri Nierstheimer, 44, was cited for operating a vehicle without a valid license in the 3300 block of Douglas Highway. Her vehicle was impounded
• At 12:19 a.m. Friday, Sophia Cwiklinski, 27, was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 4000 block of Egan Drive and reckless endangerment for driving a passenger. She gave a breath sample that showed a 0.131 breath alcohol content. She was taken to LCCC.
Fire and medical
• At 12:28 a.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was given to a man on 12th Street, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 10:51 a.m. Thursday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Boulder Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 12:56 p.m. Thursday, basic life support care was given to a man on Second Street, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 3:45 p.m. Thursday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to a public service assistance call on Second Street. A man was assisted and refused transport.
• At 10:38 p.m. Thursday, Vivian Wright, 20, was cited for minor consuming in the 100 block of Sewart Street.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 11:35 a.m. Friday, a 54-year-old woman reported her 2008 Honda Odyssey was struck while parked in the 2700 block of Fritz Cove Road. Damage estimated at $1,000.
• At 12:10 p.m. Thursday, Kim Grimes left a store in the 8100 block of Glacier Highway with $153.12 worth of merchandise without paying. He was cited and released.
• At 1:35 p.m. Thursday, a 51-year-old man reported theft of $1,225 cash from the 300 block of Gastineau Avenue.
• At 1:08 p.m. Thursday, a 49-year-old woman reported that an unknown man and woman were insider her vehicle without her permission in the 200 block of Franklin Street. She also reported several items were taken from the vehicle. Alcohol was involved.
• At 7:10 p.m. Thursday, a 17-year-old girl reported her white iPad Mini was stolen in the 400 block of Franklin Street.
• At 8:53 p.m. Thursday, a Juneau resident report a chainsaw valued at $700 taken from the back of his vehicle on Thane Road sometime between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Wednesday.
• At 11:50 a.m. Friday, a 47-year-old man reported the theft of a plastic gas tank full of fuel, valued at $98, in the 100 block of Spruce Street.
• At 3:09 p.m. Thursday, an unknown person entered the boiler room of a business in the 9300 block of Glacier Highway. No damage.
• At 6:50 p.m. Thursday, Dawn Cranston, 55, was arrested for returning to a residence on Egan Drive after being banned there for life. She was taken to LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 7:16 p.m. Thursday, JPD received a report that sometime between 5:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. Wednesday, someone broke out a window of a 2002 Subaru Legacy while it was parked in the transit center parking garage. Damage estimated at $400.