This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 3:59 p.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a report of a 12-year-old boy assaulted a 9-year-old boy in the 8400 block of Canyon Drive.
• At 6:54 p.m. Wednesday, JPD investigated a report of an assault in the 8100 block of Threadneedle Street. Alcohol was involved.
Driving without a valid license
• At 12:14 a.m. Wednesday, Erlito Samonte, 18, was cited for operating a motor vehicle without a valid license in the area of Harris Harbor and Egan Drive. His vehicle was impounded.
• At 3:10 a.m. Thursday, Jason Morris, 44, was cited for operating a motor vehicle without a valid license in the 2800 block of Mendenhall Loop Road, and his vehicle was impounded. Additionally, a passenger, 20-year-old Brittany Arey, was cited for minor consuming.
• At 12:09 p.m. Wednesday, JPD assisted another agency in the Juneau area.
• At 4:17 p.m. Wednesday, a 21-year-old man was remanded in the 5500 block of Aisek Street, and he was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 5:22 p.m. Wednesday, confidential investigation into drug activity.
Fire and medical
• At 1:08 a.m. Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to an EMS call on Douglas Highway. A man was assessed and refused transport.
• At 1:21 a.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Mendenhall Boulevard, and he was taken to Bartlett Regional Hospital.
• At 4:03 a.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Douglas Highway, and he was taken to BRH.
• At 10:05 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to an EMS call on Ninth Street. A man was assessed and refused transport.
• At 10:08 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a fire alarm on Front Street, and no fire was found. Investigation revealed a halogen light that had been on fire briefly was due to an electrical shortage. Electrical issue likely caused by a water leak in the roof of the structure.
• At 11:02 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR transported a man and LifeMed flight crew from BRH to Juneau International Airport. Basic life support care was provided en route.
• At 11:41 a.m. Wednesday, CCFR responded to a public service call on Egan Drive and Glacier Avenue for a vehicle broken down at the intersection. CCFR assisted in pushing the vehicle to the outbound lane.
• At 1:29 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a woman at the Mendenhall Glacier, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 1:16 p.m. Wednesday, basic life support care was given to a woman on 12th Street, and she was taken to BRH.
• At 6:05 p.m. Wednesday, CCFR transported a woman and Guardian Flight crew from JIA to BRH. Basic life support care was provided en route.
• At 10:39 p.m. Wednesday, advanced life support care was given to a man on Vista Drive, and he was taken to BRH.
Motor vehicle accident
• At 7:29 a.m. Thursday, JPD received a report of a hit-and-run in the 400 block of Sixth Street. Damage only.
• At 7:18 p.m. Wednesday, sometime during the night of June 24, several items were stolen from an unlocked vehicle belonging to a 56-year-old man in the 4400 block of Mendenhall Boulevard.
• At 4:13 a.m. Thursday, a 59-year-old man reported a “boot” was removed from a black Honda that was illegally parked in the 300 block of Fourth Avenue. Investigation continues.