This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 9:36 a.m. Sunday, a 53-year-old male discharged a firearm two times in the 2900 block of Simpson Avenue to scare away a bear.
• At 1:28 a.m. Sunday, an assault was reported in the 200 block of Front Street. Investigation continues. Alcohol was involved.
• At 6:47 p.m. Saturday, the Juneau Police Department assisted another agency in remanding a 28-year-old male in the 5500 block of Aisek Street.
• At 1:09 a.m. Sunday, 31-year-old Erica Paulette Olsen broke a $100 window at a residence in the 300 block of Village Street. Olsen was arrested for criminal mischief and lodged at LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
Driving without a license
• At 5:31 p.m. Saturday, 22-year-old Mason Baker was cited and released for driving without a license in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• At 6:38 p.m. Saturday, 39-year-old Dylan Rhyner was cited and released for driving without a valid license in the 6500 block of Glacier Highway. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• At 11:21 p.m. Saturday, 48-year-old James Douglas Collins Jr. was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 9200 block of Ninnis Drive. He provided a breath sample that revealed a blood alcohol content of .246 percent. The vehicle he was driving was impounded and he was lodged at Lemon Creek Correctional Center.
• At 11:56 p.m. Saturday, 24-year-old Duncan Campbell was arrested for driving under the influence in the 2900 block of Riverside Drive. Campbell provided a sample of his breath which revealed a blood alcohol content of .219 percent. Campbell was transported to LCCC and later released on his own recognizance. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• At 8:41 p.m. Saturday, 52-year-old Guy Kenneth Sanders was arrested for disorderly conduct in the 100 block of Franklin Street. He was lodged at Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was involved.
• On July 3, a purse was turned into JPD as found property in the downtown area.
• At 4:12 p.m. Saturday, a 25-year-old female reported a $50 black tote bag-style purse lost in the downtown area.
• At 12:29 p.m. Saturday, JPD assisted another agency.
Minor consuming alcohol
• At 3:37 a.m. Sunday, a 17-year-old was cited for minor consuming alcohol in the 100 block of Front Street.
• At 3:18 p.m. Saturday, 34-year-old Jameek Cortese was cited and released for reckless driving in the 8900 block of Valley Boulevard.
• At 2:50 p.m. Saturday, a theft was reported in the 8300 block of Gladstone Street.
• At 9:26 p.m. Saturday, a 41-year-old female reported her purse was stolen from a residence in the 2100 block of Cascade Street.
• At 5:34 a.m. Sunday, 77-year-old George Martin Sr. was cited and released for criminal trespass in the 100 block of Seward Street. Alcohol was involved.
• Between July 4 and 5, unknown subjects damaged the fuel door to a vehicle, causing about $150 in damage, in the 6200 block of Douglas Highway.