This report contains information provided to the Empire from law enforcement agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent.
• At 1:44 a.m. Saturday, 28-year-old Francois Whitman and 32-year-old Jack Paine were arrested for assault of a police officer and resisting/interfering. Also, 30-year-old Corey Nashoanak and 23-year-old Charity Berkley were arrested for interfering and disorderly conduct. They were all transported to and lodged at Lemon Creek Correctional Center. Alcohol was involved.
• At 3:36 p.m. Saturday, 23-year-old Wesley J. Bowman was arrested and lodged at LCCC on two counts of assault 3 in the 400 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 6:45 p.m. Friday, investigation continues into the report of a burglary in the 2800 block of Peters Lane.
• At 5:55 p.m. Saturday, investigation began into a report of a burglary in the 200 block of Seventh Street.
• At 5:46 p.m. Friday, 59-year-old George Swain failed to leave a scene of a fire in the 1900 block of Lemon Creed Road after being lawfully ordered to do so by multiple police officers. Swain was arrested for disorderly conduct and lodged on $500 bail at LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 3:20 p.m. Friday, Bobby Wienecke was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting/interfering. Wienecke was trasnported and lodged at LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 10:26 a.m. Saturday, Capital Transit contacted the Juneau Police Department for assistance with several belligerent and intoxicated subjects refusing to leave a bus. Officers responded to the 3200 block of Hospital Drive, where 51-year-old Frank Brown was arrested for trespassing and interfering/resisting arrest and lodged at LCCC on $250 bail. Also, 52-year-old Lena Jimmie was arrested for respassing and assault and lodged at LCCC on $1,000 bail.
Domestic violence assault
• At 9:14 a.m. Saturday, a 24-year-old male was arrested for domestic violence assault and domestic violence harassment. He was transported and lodged at LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 8:08 a.m. Sunday, a 23-year-old female was arrested for domestic violence assault and domestic violence criminal mischief on Fourth Street in Juneau. She was lodged at LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
Driving without a license
• At 9:03 p.m. Friday, 27-year-old Rudy Jones was cited for operating a motor vehicle without a valid license in the 2400 block of Egan Drive. The vehicle he was driving was impounded.
• At 1:05 p.m. Friday, a confidential investigation into a report of drug activity began.
• At 9:05 a.m. Saturday, 31-year-old Natalia Charles was cited and released for misconduct involving a controlled substance for possessing a small amount of marijuana. Alcohol was involved.
• At 12:37 a.m. Saturday, 33-year-old Charles Brouilette was arrested for driving while intoxicated in the 1100 block of Second Street. He provided a sample of his breath which revealed a blood alcohol content of .25 percent. He was transported to LCCC where he was lodged on $1,500 bail.
• At 12:25 a.m. Sunday, Christopher Piccarillo operated a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol in the 100 block of Franklin Street. He refused to submit to a blood alcohol test.
• At 1:12 p.m. Saturday, unknown subjects set an abandoned vehicle on fire in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road.
• At 10:59 p.m. Friday, property was turned into JPD for safe keeping in the 500 block of Willoughby Avenue.
• At 2:37 a.m. Saturday, medication belonging to a 52-year-old female Juneau resident was found in Marine Park. It was logged into safe keeping at JPD.
• At 11:51 a.m. Sunday, a .12 gauge shotgun in a brown case was found on Thane Road. The gun was placed into safekeeping at JPD.
Minor consuming alcohol
• At 6:02 a.m. Saturday, 18-year-old Jared Herrmann and 18-year-old Valerie Skelton were cited for minor consuming alcohol.
• At 12:54 a.m. Sunday, 20-year-old Alfred Torres and 19-year-old Joseph Torres were cited and released for minor consuming alcohol in the area of 10th Street.
Motor vehicle crash
• At 2:41 p.m. Friday, a motor vehicle collision on the Juneau-Douglas Bridge resulted in about $4,000 in damage.
• At 4:44 p.m. Saturday, JPD responded to a motor vehicle crash in the 500 block of Kennedy Street, near Fifth Street.
• At 3:18 a.m. Sunday, Gabriel Katzeek was arrested on two counts of resisting/interfering with a police officer in the 100 block of Franklin Street. He was transported and lodged at LCCC. Alcohol was involved.
• At 9:18 p.m. Friday, a 48-year-old male visiting from out of town reported a subject threw a drinking glass at him while yelling derogatory words about his perceived sexual orientation in the 100 block of Franklin Street. Alcohol was involved.
• At 6:53 p.m. Friday, a theft was reported in the 3000 block of Riverside Drive.
• At 7:59 p.m. Friday, investigation began into a theft and a burglary in the 9900 block of Stephen Richards Memorial Drive.
• At 3:44 p.m. Saturday, a 54-year-old female reported a bicycle stolen some time in the past two days in the 8400 block of Thunder Mountain Road.
• At 11:44 a.m. Sunday, a 42-year-old male reported a theft from a vehicle in the 2900 block of Jackson Road.
• At 4:49 a.m. Saturday, investigation began into vandalism of a vehicle on Marine Way.
• At 10:47 a.m. Saturday, a 39-year-old male reported two windows of his vehicle were broken some time during the night in the 1400 block of Glacier Highway.
• At 2:09 p.m. Saturday, a 24-year-old female reported damage to the rear passenger window of her vehicle in the 1300 block of Glacier Highway.