This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 11:45 a.m. Wednesday, the Juneau Police Department received a report of a burglary from a storage unit in the 5400 block of Shaune Drive. Investigation continues.
• At 5:19 a.m. Wednesday, a 41-year-old man in the Juneau area was arrested for domestic violence assault after causing a visible physical injury to a woman.
• At 10:13 a.m. Wednesday, JPD received two reports of drug activity in the Juneau area.
• At 1:18 a.m. Wednesday, a traffic stop by JPD in the 2400 block of Mendenhall Loop Road resulted into an investigation of a suspected DUI and driving without a valid license.
• At 1:39 a.m. Wednesday, JPD responded to a fight between two women on South Franklin Street.
• At 3:31 a.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report of an assault in the 200 block of Front Street. Investigation continues.
Fire and medical
• On Wednesday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to 11 EMS calls and two medical transport calls around town throughout the day. At 3:54 p.m., firefighters responded to a fire alarm system malfunction on Shaune Drive. At 5:32 p.m., firefighters responded to a non-injury vehicle accident on Glacier Highway.
• At 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of a multiple-state Craigslist scam involving a void check in exchange for the purchase of iTunes gift cards. Investigation continues.
• At 3:29 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of the theft of services in the 1700 block of Glacier Avenue.
• At 9:21 p.m. Tuesday, JPD received a report of gas siphoning in the 5700 block of Concrete Way. Investigation continues.
• At 10:26 a.m. Wednesday, JPD received a report that 120 gallons of diesel fuel were stolen in the 9100 block of Mendenhall Mall Road.
• At 9:13 a.m. Wednesday, Jared Fortin, 32, was arrested by JPD in the 1600 block of Salmon Creek Lane for criminal trespass and larceny. He was taken to Lemon Creek Correctional Center and held on $100 bail.
• At 6:15 p.m. Tuesday, a 58-year-old woman in the 200 block of Fifth Street reported the rear windshield of her vehicle had been broken out, causing an estimated $500 in damage.
• At 9:50 a.m. Wednesday, a woman in the 2300 block of Jordan Avenue reported her unlocked vehicle was rifled through. Items were stolen, including a pack of cigarettes, a reusable shopping bag, gym shoes, a window sun catcher, two pieces of homemade jewelry and homemade salmon jerky, with an estimated total value of $110.
• At 10:10 a.m. Wednesday, a man from the 2300 block of Jordan Avenue reported his unlocked vehicle was rifled through, with the theft of a stereo face plate and some pocket change.
• At 11:06 a.m. Wednesday, JPD received multiple reports of vehicle riflings in the 300 block of Eighth Street.