This report contains public information available to the Empire from law enforcement and public safety agencies. This report includes arrest and citation information, not conviction information. Anyone listed in this report is presumed innocent. Anyone with information about a crime can report a tip anonymously to juneaucrimeline.com.
• At 8:30 p.m. Sunday, the Juneau Police Department responded to a report of drug activity in the 1800 block of Shell Simmons Drive. Tim Dehart was arrested for three counts of misconduct involving a controlled substance.
Fire and medical
• On Monday, Capital City Fire/Rescue responded to eight EMS calls around town throughout the day. At 11:39 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to an alarm on Shaune Drive that had been triggered by burnt food. At 2:43 p.m., they were dispatched for a suspicious box on F Street; firefighters determined there was no indication of hazardous materials. At 5:58 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to assist someone who had fallen on the ice on La Perouse Avenue.
Motor vehicle accident
• At 1:40 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report of a three-vehicle collision in the 3500 block of Mendenhall Loop Road. No injuries were reported. The driver at fault was cited.
• At 3:19 p.m. Sunday JPD responded to a shoplifting report at Safeway. Douglas Farnsworth, 27, was identified as the suspect and charges will be forwarded to the City Attorney.
• At 4:32 p.m. Sunday, JPD responded to a report by a 62-year-old man in the 100 block of Dixon Street that his unlocked vehicle had been rifled through.
• At 2:31 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report of vehicle rifling in the 400 block of 11th Street. Investigation continues.
• At 9:58 a.m. Monday, JPD responded to a report by a 33-year-old woman in the 300 block of Gastineau Avenue that her vehicle had been rifled through; nothing was taken.