Organization: SAGA’s Serve Alaska Youth Corps
Contact Information: Jenelle Jenniges at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (907) 790-6412
Organization description: SAGA is a locally operated 501(c)3 nonprofit whose mission is to improve lives, lands, and communities in Alaska through service learning. Serve Alaska Youth Corps (SAYC) is the youth division of the Alaska Service Corps, and is specifically designed to provide leadership and work readiness skills to young Alaskans who have barriers to their education or employment. These skills and educational activities are gained through service given to the people of Alaska.
SAYC members travel to various project sites throughout Alaska while living, learning and working in a team community. SAYC crews include one team leader, one field educator, and up to six crew members aged 17-24. Following a week-long orientation, members receive their crew and project assignments, then deploy. During the service term, SAYC crews serve on projects during the day, engage in education/skill building activities nightly, and recreate as a team on weekends.
Serve Alaska Youth Corps Members are young adults who are:
• Looking for a summer service experience
• Seeking to improve their work skills and experience
• Facing struggles in school
• Willing to take the steps to reconnect with a positive lifestyle
• Ready to form fun new friendships with others from across the state
• Willing to participate and follow SAGA’s policies and procedures
Visit the SAGA website at www.servealaska.org for full position description as well as an SAYC application form.
• Find Volunteer Juneau on Facebook