On behalf of the 1000-plus elders and people with disabilities that Southeast Alaska Independent Living (SAIL) serves, we would like to extend a heart felt thank you to everyone who made our 20th anniversary celebration a huge success.
A big thank you to:
• Our wonderful speakers: First Lady Sandy Parnell, Duane Mayes and Peter Slatin.
• Our fabulous Mistress of Ceremonies: Sharon Gaiptman.
• Our fun and talented musicians: Dale Wygant’s Oompah Band.
• Our generous table sponsors: Gas-n-Go, Sioux and Paul Douglas, Gale Vandor, Eaglecrest Ski Area, Cornerstone Home Health, Friends of Nancy Andison, JoAnn Quigg, Shattuck and Grummett, Tim Sunday, Rosemarie Duran, UAS Dept. of Education and the United Way of SE Alaska, Joe Tompkins.
• Our advertisers: Alaska Grafix, KTOO, KRNN, KXLL, Juneau’s Mix 106, Taku 105, KJNO, KINY, KXJ and the Juneau Empire.
• To the more than 100 individuals and businesses who donated desserts or other auction items.
• To our volunteers: Event Coordinator Sioux Douglas, Cyndy Graves who did decor, the Jesuit volunteers, and Joyce Levine.
• To Abby’s Kitchen for the tasty feast.
• To everyone who attended!
With this outpouring of community support, we netted more than $18,000 to further our mission: Inspiring Personal Independence. Together we are having a real and meaningful impact here in Southeast Alaska.
The board and staff of SAIL