The Juneau Community Foundation announced its support for local recreation and arts organizations with over $8,000 in funding from the Youth Sports and Activities Field of Interest Fund and the Parks, Recreation and Trails Field of Interest Fund.
“With the generous contributions of local businesses, the Field of Interest Funds have been extremely successful, and with continued support, we can offer funding to meet community needs in the future,” said Reed Stoops, vice president of the Juneau Community Foundation.
The Youth Sports and Activities Field of Interest Fund awarded grants to:
• Juneau Douglas High School Hockey Team: $1,225 to purchase game jerseys.
• Juneau Alaska Music Matters: $3,700 to expand their elementary school music program to third grade. Funds will be used as matching funds for the purchase of six cellos and four basses.
• SAIL/ORCA: $500 to enable them to transport their adaptive bikes.
• Juneau Youth Sailing: $640 to replace well-used sails, lines, and other equipment.
• Perseverance Theatre: $750 to support scholarships for their youth programs.
• Discovery Southeast: $600 to support general operations.
Additionally, the Parks, Recreation and Trails Field of Interest Fund awarded a grant to the Juneau Nordic Ski Club of $124 to support general operations.
The Foundation encourages local businesses and individuals to consider supporting one or more of its Field of Interest Funds — Schools, Arts and Culture, Parks, Recreation and Trails, Youth Sports and Activities, Social Services, Health, and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder — by donating now, and by including the Foundation in your planned giving. Your support will allow the Community Foundation to make similar contributions in the future. For more information on the Juneau Community Foundation, please visit our web site at www.juneaucf.org, or call 523-5450.